Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by RROOBB View Post
He wouldn't have done any homework, the research team for the production company would have just told him what to say.
You sure of that? Really sure? He said himself, he saw that video, and I believe him. He also had quotes from Dr John Bradshaw, and the RSPCA, and believe me, the production team DID listen to all the complaints they had - many of them accompanied with sound reasons, video clips and references.

I've seen CM on shows where the production and/or the host clearly had no idea, and that wasn't the impression I got from AT... no no way.

There was the infamous BBC Breakfast show of a couple of years ago where CM said on live TV that the Humane Society of America approved of his methods - what a bare-faced lie. I contacted the Society myself and had correspondence with one of their PR staff about this, who was most aggrieved he had taken their name in vain and launched an investigation.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by RROOBB View Post
He wouldn't have done any homework, the research team for the production company would have just told him what to say.

Do you know of a link to that video? I had a quick look but I can't find it. (I'm not saying that as in 'I don't believe it happened', I just want to watch it )
well, I'm giving AT the benefit of the doubt, it is his show, I'd imagine/hope he has some personal input and isn't just a mouth piece.

The video clip should be on here somewhere, there was a huge thread about it just a few weeks ago.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Ohh I missed it so thanks for the youtube link. What a surprise - I am looking forward to it
Think we need to write back to them and thank them for listning
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
and when you have been bitten, particularly if you are a man like CM who being mexican, comes from a matcho society where Men Rule OK, your immediate reaction is understandably an aggressive one.
And that's another thing. He is leading us to believe that the whole of Mexico treats dogs 'his' way, and that's laughable. Yes it may be a developing country but you can bet your life there are many people who have evolved and treat their dogs well. It has legitimate dog breeders and is a member of the FCI, holds dog shows and probably a lot more. That touches on passive racism - or does he play into into people's ignorance, that Mexicans are backward and ignorant? I'm fairly sure there are many misguided Americans who happily believe that....

I don't.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
And that's another thing. He is leading us to believe that the whole of Mexico treats dogs 'his' way, and that's laughable. Yes it may be a developing country but you can bet your life there are many people who have evolved and treat their dogs well. It has legitimate dog breeders and is a member of the FCI, holds dog shows and probably a lot more. That touches on passive racism - or does he play into into people's ignorance, that Mexicans are backward and ignorant? I'm fairly sure there are many misguided Americans who happily believe that....

I don't.
At the time he "left" Mexico, I think it was a very different Mexico than the one we see today. I think the way he treats dogs IS very much gentler than the way the average Mexican did back then, if that's possible to believe.
RROOBB
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-10-2012, 09:13 PM
You sure of that? Really sure? He said himself, he saw that video, and I believe him. He also had quotes from Dr John Bradshaw, and the RSPCA, and believe me, the production team DID listen to all the complaints they had - many of them accompanied with sound reasons, video clips and references.

I've seen CM on shows where the production and/or the host clearly had no idea, and that wasn't the impression I got from AT... no no way.

There was the infamous BBC Breakfast show of a couple of years ago where CM said on live TV that the Humane Society of America approved of his methods - what a bare-faced lie. I contacted the Society myself and had correspondence with one of their PR staff about this, who was most aggrieved he had taken their name in vain and launched an investigation.
Have you seen the Jonathan Ross Show? Every time a movie/TV star comes on he said 'I've watched the film/show/programme and it's absolutely amazing. Honestly, I wasn't going to watch it but I did and it's truly amazing.'
He obviously doesn't watch all of them, I doubt he would have time. AT may have watched the video but that's probably all. The rest is just on the cards he holds.

Originally Posted by celli View Post
well, I'm giving AT the benefit of the doubt, it is his show, I'd imagine/hope he has some personal input and isn't just a mouth piece.

The video clip should be on here somewhere, there was a huge thread about it just a few weeks ago.
It's probably something that only AT himself would tell you, if he was feeling honest. I'm of the impression that he just reads what's on the cards in front of him, like most presenters do.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
At the time he "left" Mexico, I think it was a very different Mexico than the one we see today. I think the way he treats dogs IS very much gentler than the way the average Mexican did back then, if that's possible to believe.
Well if that's 'gentle' I'm a Dutchman's uncle. Sorry, that's no excuse.

For what it's worth, Mexico has been a member of the FCI and has held dog shows since at least 1978, so you can't tell me that they're backward where dogs are concerned.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Did someone really call Alan pathetic for that interview?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Well if that's 'gentle' I'm a Dutchman's uncle. Sorry, that's no excuse.

For what it's worth, Mexico has been a member of the FCI and has held dog shows since at least 1978, so you can't tell me that they're backward where dogs are concerned.
Agreed, which is why I put the word is in caps!

I didn't say that Mexicans were backward! I said they were macho
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Did someone really call Alan pathetic for that interview?
Yup! I did - I thought he should have been much more robust. I think CM got off very lightly.
Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »