Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-08-2012, 05:14 PM

New addition-rodent

For my birthday I asked my OH for a puppy (knowing full well that I couldn't have one and Cookie wouldn't be best impressed with his back pain and a pup jumping on him) but OH fell soft and brought me home a new addition (not a puppy as this would be the wrong section!)

Well here he is:

We had him in the habitrail cage (with all the tunnels and extensions) but soon (half a day) discovered he wanted to make his own tunnels so OH did a bit of DIY

And he now seems very happy and has made lots of tunnels and little homes in the 80 litre storage box. Don't worry it has lots of air holes added.

Cookie is happy we have another rodent as he really missed the others when they 'departed', mainly as he wanted to eat their food. He is very quick at vaccing up dropped bits of fruit and veg and the occasional nut or seed.
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-09-2012, 11:44 AM
and what a handsome little chap he is.........wouldnt mind one myself! My sister and her husband have just got themselves two rabbits from rabbit rescue. They would love a dog but their working hours etc just wouldnt suit at the moment. These two rabbits are now living like royalty as my brother in law has turned their garden into a friendly assault course for them during the day. My sister now records clips and sends them to me of the two rabbits playing!!!!! You can tell that both of their children have upped and gone to Uni cant you??!!! Haha!
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2012, 12:27 PM
How cute!!!
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-09-2012, 12:38 PM
aww adorable
fiwen30
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Fantastic set up, good on your OH! May I suggest cutting a hole in the lid and meshing it over to increase ventilation though?

He's is very handsome though
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2012, 05:34 PM
I have thought about putting mesh onto the lid, but for the time being it has plenty of air hole in the lid that have been drilled. The box isn't normally there but over one of the 'bed' chambers as he seems to like the darkness best. Moved it for the photo.
OH is sat here now saying 'Don't you think he's cute, I think he's cute.' They're best friends now!
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-01-2014, 03:19 PM
I'm looking through my old posts and giggling.
Turned out Bournville was actually a girl, and after research we realised she shouldn't be on her own (even though she was at the pet shop). A week after we got her we went and got her two friends and the three of them now live in a 160litre storage tub with a homemade topper. The set up is 101cm tall and they are so happy, friendly and still cute!