Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 03:15 PM

Miserable Neighbours

It's a lovely day, it's 4pm and my nephews and some neighbouring kids are playing 'kerby' outside our property (these kids range in age from 6-10 years) and the people opposite have come out and threatened to phone the police if the kids dont stop! How utterly ridiculous and miserable is that?! (These people arent elderly or ill, they're just exceptionally boring and used to tell me off when I was a kid, even though I was playing outside my own house!)

How much courage does it take to threaten small children? And i'm sure the police would laugh on the other end of the phone.

Does anybody have anything to top that?
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-04-2011, 03:37 PM
we have next doors kids out playing football had to ask them to be careful as hitting the cars (well spoke to the mum) but our gardens are open and they playon my property as well ,dont have a problem with that its a safe cul-de-sac better than being aloud to raom the streets
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Yes! I am the miserable neighbour! You're perhaps not going to like this but, if folks have decent size gardens(n don't know if you or neighbours have?) why can't the children play in the gardens(am sorry have never heard of 'kerby'). I have no objection whatsoever to children being outside in the street or even sitting on our wall, which they do so long as they're not screaming, throwing litter, kicking balls around or making a nuisance(which am not saying the kids you're talking about were doing) and safe, they might live in flats n not have outside space. I am very tolerant (n have put up with a lot round here)n would not threaten a small child but some will and do unfortunately.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Yes! I am the miserable neighbour! You're perhaps not going to like this but, if folks have decent size gardens(n don't know if you or neighbours have?) why can't the children play in the gardens(am sorry have never heard of 'kerby'). I have no objection whatsoever to children being outside in the street or even sitting on our wall, which they do so long as they're not screaming, throwing litter, kicking balls around or making a nuisance(which am not saying the kids you're talking about were doing) and safe, they might live in flats n not have outside space. I am very tolerant (n have put up with a lot round here)n would not threaten a small child but some will and do unfortunately.
Same here theres at least 12 kids outside on my garden at anygiven time. We're literally seconds from the park but yet they insist on playing in my garden. The cars got loads of dints on it from balls hitting it they've even managed to break on of my trees.
I'm sick of asking them to move out of my garden (we have open plan at the front as well).
I realise i'm not going to be popular but I dont allow ny dogs to roam on there land so why do I have to put up with all the estate kids.
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-04-2011, 03:58 PM
What is Kirby? Never heard of it? X
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Same here,we don't object to kids playing but I do object when our vehicles are been damaged and kids are deliberately trying to bring down the phone wires

I also object to having footballs deliberately kicked against our back fence,had another one come over today and nope they ain't getting it back!

Kerby I would say is where kids throw the ball against the gutter and it bounces back,we used to call it gutter ball
mcv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2011, 04:13 PM
I live on a quiet cul de sac, of around 10 houses.
out of those 10 houses 4 houses have children.
We have open planned gardens, and rear gardens.
The children like to play in the front because they can play together. There is a park in a 3 minute walking distance but i dont feel they are old enough to go on their own. ( 4 & 7)
They are not allowed to play with foot balls because of the cars etc and they are told to keep off other peoples gardens, although absentmindedly they may stray now and again.
Our neighbours are ok actually we all get along.
My gran ( who's not with us anymore) lived in an estate similar to ours and when the children played out side she would take out squash and biscuits for them and have a natter.
I dont see the problem myself, as long as they are behaving and not causing trouble.
If they are hurling abuse, causing vandalism and being a nusence after dark then thats a different matter.
Your neighbours sound like miserable toads and have nothing better to do with their time
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-04-2011, 04:15 PM
We used to play a game where we would stand at one side of the road throw a football at the opposite kerb and if it bounced back off the edge of the kerb you got a point ..lol
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 05:52 PM
I think playing football in the street is actually illegal and the police have followed this up?

I do not have a problem with children playing in the street per se, but I do when they use my front lawn as a goal, when their balls go over my wall, and when they dent cars with their footballs.

There is a skateboard park, an open field, 3 parks within easy walking distance and so why play outside houses especially when some are on shift work and trying to sleep in the afternoon?

Sorry if that sounds miserable EVERYONE has the right to some peace and quiet as well as enjoying themselves........
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-04-2011, 06:36 PM
my dogs even run around out the front with the kids as well!my kids used to do it but now out at the local parks or beach
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »