Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 04:15 PM

Royal Canin sensitivity control

Does anyone please know about or have any opinion on how good the wet/dry food is.
Many thanks.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 05:07 PM
why do u want to feed it?

it is meant to be very easily digested and contains electrolytes.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Yes, I had my previous gsd on this food as recommended by my vet, when she had EPI which is a pancreatic condition. The moment I started feeding it to her, she immediately produced normal stools, when she had been having diarrhea for weeks on end! Says it all! It's a very, very good food and just capelin and tapioca and would sort out any digestive problems I'm sure, I can't rate it enough.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
why do u want to feed it?

it is meant to be very easily digested and contains electrolytes.
Scoop has been having it since late last year due to the bad stomach she had, it seems to have sorted things out. However i have been wondering about the ingredients despite it working, reading n getting bit confused about different food, raw feeding etc.
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yes, I had my previous gsd on this food as recommended by my vet, when she had EPI which is a pancreatic condition. The moment I started feeding it to her, she immediately produced normal stools, when she had been having diarrhea for weeks on end! Says it all! It's a very, very good food and just capelin and tapioca and would sort out any digestive problems I'm sure, I can't rate it enough.
That's good to know, i didn't know of anyone else that fed it you see.

Thankyou both, you know i'm like for worrying, although i am happy if my dog is happy n well, just wanted to know if it's 'good stuff'
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2011, 02:55 AM
I know of a Boxer on it and is doing really well.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Hi, in what way are you worrying about the ingredients?

My dog has been on this (canned) for some years now after she had constant painful, colitis and at times just pooed blood

We actually started on Hills ID kibble but now use a mix of that for one meal and some treats, and Royal Canin sensitivity control for her main meal.

Have discovered she can eat chicken, Quorn, tripe sticks, etc and also a raw marrow bone for recreational chewing. However we never were able to get to the bottom of what the problem was, so we stick to what we know suits her.

Not sure if it's the best diet wise, but she does well on it so ...

Wys
x
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
I know of a Boxer on it and is doing really well.
That's good to know, thankyou.

Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Hi, in what way are you worrying about the ingredients?

My dog has been on this (canned) for some years now after she had constant painful, colitis and at times just pooed blood

We actually started on Hills ID kibble but now use a mix of that for one meal and some treats, and Royal Canin sensitivity control for her main meal.

Have discovered she can eat chicken, Quorn, tripe sticks, etc and also a raw marrow bone for recreational chewing. However we never were able to get to the bottom of what the problem was, so we stick to what we know suits her.

Wys
x
Thankyou, has been similar with my dog, am sorry your dog has been poorly too. I know that this food has helped greatly but read about 'not enough of this n too much of that' . It helps to know that others feed it and is helping their dogs.
Hope they all stay well
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post

Bara was much the same, and both our vet and ourselves were never able to say exactly what the problem was.

The Royal Canin 'sensitivity' dry food was not on sale here so we tried the 'normal' dry which Bara would always leave most in her bowl, sometimes she would come back in the morning and finish it but mostly she wouldn't eat it.

We have switched to another dry which we mix with a tinned food, and chicken or turkey necks, plus rice with chicken tummies occassionaly.

K9paw - I think the general advice is to try different feeds and see which suit your dog the best, it will not be the same for everyone, and I still think Royal Canine is good but being limited in the types available to buy here we had to stop using it. Doesn't mean the 'sensitive' version is not right for you 'tho.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Bara was much the same, and both our vet and ourselves were never able to say exactly what the problem was.
K9paw - I think the general advice is to try different feeds and see which suit your dog the best, it will not be the same for everyone, and I still think Royal Canine is good but being limited in the types available to buy here we had to stop using it. Doesn't mean the 'sensitive' version is not right for you 'tho.
Thankyou, we (n vet) were unable to say exactly what was going on here but this food seems to be working and has so far meant that further tests have not been needed, think we'll stay with it
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2011, 03:48 PM
If it suits.....definitely stay with it. As Losos says, different foods suit different dogs. I paid a fortune for Hills gastro once for Bessie with her pancreatitis and she hated it!! So we tried good old cheapy Chappie and she loved it and did very well on it so you never can tell.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >