Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2010, 09:14 AM

What Adverts Really Annoy You

I don't watch much tele but it seems the two adverts that really annoy me always come on when I do.
They are the Tresemee advert which is just so false, as if any of us would walk in a hair salon and that would happen and be said, they can't even act or make the voice sound convincing.
The other one is the "Go Compare" adverts. I find them so annoying that if I need to shop or get quotes for something I will look anywhere, but cannot use thier site. Which surely shows thier ad doesn't work because it puts me off ever using them.

So come on what adverts really annoy you and would they stop you using what they are advertising?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Just about ALL of them Bev, I have a serious phobia about adverts, coz everytime I switch the tv on, there they are, on every single channel!!!! Grrrrr, Hate them with a passion, especially the really stooopid ones that insult my intelligence. My really big hates are all the car ads (except the bimmer ones and that Audi one which is very clever), and the worst of all are the kids nappies and those bladdy Pringles!!!!

The ONLY ad I like at the moment is Mr. One Sheet, coz that makes me larf every single time!!! It's the way he says it

Yes, I would stop using anything that really got up my nose via the ad!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2010, 11:13 AM
I channel surf when the ads come on or go and make tea so I rarely see any. But of those I haven`t been able to avoid it`s the women`s shampoo ones that wind me up. Promising stunning beauty and the admiration of your friends for an overpriced bottle of scented detergent.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2010, 11:22 AM
I hate the one with the kids saying the toilet smells like poo and he wants to do a poo at pauls house (since when is it ok to talk about poo on adverts now?). Oh also the one for the wet kiddies toilet paper, i dont want to see an animated frog wipe is ass thanks all the same!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Yeah, that's the one Razcox, that horrible kid saying he wants to have a poo at Paul's lol, yuk!!!

I never actually watch any of them if I can help it, I always mute the telly or channel hop, unless hubby has the remote, and then I usually get up and walk out of the room! Why can't we have some of those funny ads like they have abroad, the ones that you used to see on that show that the blonde bloke did (who now does Millionaire, can't remember his name ) some of those were really good, but ours our just pants!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2010, 12:59 PM
I also hate the Go Compare ads and there is one for Adios slimming product where the girl dances up the road in her pants...Clive adores that one and hates it if I switch over...men
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2010, 02:14 PM
I think it's pretty fair to say that they're all a load of nonsense, and provide a convenient time to pop to the loo

esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2010, 03:07 PM
I hate the SMA advert with the laughing kids. I have to mute the sound or turn over everytime it comes on. I don't know why it bugs me, it just does!

I also hate the Go Compare ones and i also hate the Just for Men adverts where those two creepy kids are trying to get their dad to go on a date and in the new one they're trying to get him to go for a job.

The other one i hate is the one where the four women are sat in a cafe (sex and the city style) and they're talking about one of them having constipation or diorhea. Never in my life have i sat round in a pub/cafe with my mates and talked about my bloody bowel movements!!

Rant over!!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Most annoy me too, I mute the TV during the ads, partly because they are so annoying and partly because they are SO LOUD!

I hate go compare, the kid that wants to have a poo at Paul's house (bet Paul can't wait), the just for men one mentioned above, the bowel one mentioned above and spot product adverts with dreadful accents (I think she is in High School Musical which my niece subjected me to).

My biggest hates of all though - ads that are blatently sexist - Iceland and several washing powders, 'that's why mum's choose us'. Really - what about dad's, oh yeah I forgot, men still don't do the shopping or washing in this day and age do they
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't like the Aldi's one as I bought some fruit from there and it was inedible-all thrown out! Yuk!

The Meerkat one is getting a bit long and tedious now too in my opinion.

Anything that shows a woman having her life changed because of an improved kitchen hygiene/washing/hair or beauty product is pretty fatuous and annoying too!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >