Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kitty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2010, 02:08 PM

Bad poo habits!

Where I live, it is a big housing estate and toward the back is a huge grassed area, where there are always people walking their dogs, its really handy for walks.
Before we had Oscar, I used to notice people with their dogs, wating for them to poo, standing there with their little poo bag at the ready.
Other times, it was obvious they had no poo bag and no intention of picking it up at all.
Oscar is a rescue dog and he is 3 or 4 yrs old, we were told when we got him that he won't poo on walks, only in the garden, fine with me, I would expect a rescue to come with his own ittle quirks, however I always take a couple of poo bags in my pocket anyway.
Recently I have noticed on walks that there are loads of full poo bags hanging in the bushes on the estate or just thrown at the side of the road
Maybe I just haven't noticed this before but I kind of think it defeats the object really, why pick up the poo, put in a plastic bag that will not degrade and then just sling it in the bushes for everyone to see??
I just don't get it
It just really annoys me how people like this give dog owners a bad name.
Does anyone else see this?
Anyway sorry for the rant and all this talk of poo
Alf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2010, 02:31 PM
I think it happens every where.
The dog walker has picked it up because somebody else was there when their dog had a poo.
As soon as there is no one about, they lob it into a hedge
kitty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Yes Alf, thats what I was thinking. After the walk they are obviously heading back home, so I don't se the problem in taking it with them.
When I think about it though I have a real pet hate of people littering in general, so thats why it winds me up so much!
Thanks for your reply.
budskipup
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2010, 02:36 PM
yes we have the same problem , the council have put alot of poo bins around so you don't have to walk very far to them ,but most bushs around the area have poo bags hanging of them, it looks even worse now as all the undergrowth has died back
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Yup, completely pointless. I'm guilty of putting it in a nearby skip rather than walking to a poo bin, but then the bins are few and far between here.
They've actually banned people putting their poo bags in regular bins around our village which has made matters so much worse. If they want to do that, they should but a dog bin next to it!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2010, 04:27 PM
We see a lot of that here too!! Have to say that if the council would put up more poo bins then I think more people would be inclined to use them.

We have a huge Town park area and there are two bins for the whole area. Have to say though I would never through a poo bag in the bushes....I have popped one into someone elses wheelie bin though

xxxxx
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2010, 07:12 PM
We have a large field round the corner where I walk my dogs before work. There used to be a young lad in his early 20's who walked a Springer spaniel and never cleared up. Twice I stood in his dogs poop so wasn't too chuffed about this after poop-scooping my 2! I asked him one morning if he needed a bag as I had a spare one and he looked at me in disgust as if I was an alien! I furtively followed him home by walking the other way round the block of flats where he lived and the dog warden paid him a visit!

After that he never walked the dog again. A lady walked it (his Mum I think) and she cleared up after it and she was very friendly to me-we often used to chat about our dogs (I don't think she knew who I was!!).

I find it sickening as people like him are the reason I can't take my dogs to so many places as they are irresponsible and give the rest of us a bad name.
Browndogs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2010, 07:17 PM
I find it really odd as well that people go to the trouble of bagging the poo and then hang it in the bushes like some sort of weird decoration. I've walked a fair distance in between bins with bags of poo in my pocket (sorry if anyone is having their tea )