Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2011, 04:15 AM

Should I kill my postman?

Today, I received a "trackable" parcel via Royal Mail. Five minuyts after he delivered it, the postie came back, as he'd forgotten to "scan" it. Did he shut the garden gate ? No. Did he shut the door? No. And what did he do as Thorgeir ran past him, out of the house, and out of the gate? Nothing. Did the SSPCA do anything? No. And the police? Nothing. Finally, my carer went out in his car and found him, being tormented by a bunch of kids. He had been missing for almost an hour.

Of course, the postman denies any part in it. I have complained to his management, and, apparently, he is known for this sort of carelessness. No doubt he'll get talked at (which has done no good in the past, but I want him sacked.

At least I have Thorgeir back, apparently unharmed.

Snorri
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2011, 07:22 AM
the guy sounds like a plonker and deserves the roasting, but why would you want to deny him his livelihood over it?

also, why does the postman have to open your front door?
do you have a letter box?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 07:59 AM
How awful, Dougie.....

At least Thorgeir is back with you and safe now.....

x0x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Glad he's back at least - postman is clearly an idiot!

Wys
x
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 09:50 AM
What a silly man! I am glad Thorgeir however, returned to you unharmed!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 09:53 AM
You would love ours, knocks the door, waits 5 secs & runs for it, despite your shouting loudly "coming". Last week i was on the second step from the bottom on the stairs, coming down, very short hall. Saw/heard him rap door twice - yelled "coming" & he ran for it. By time i got door opened, he was 3 doors away, i shouted loudly "do you have something for me" dont
think he was too chuffed at having to retrace his steps

Glad you got pupster back ok, very scary for you.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 10:04 AM
What a ****. Really, if he's known for it maybe something more serious needs to be done. That's not on.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Maybe it would be worth putting up a babygate across a doorway somewhere to prevent Thorgeir escaping if he, or anyone else, does this again?
This is something I'm going to do when we move, currently we a) have no front door and b) live in the middle of a farm but I would feel too worried letting the dogs have access to the front door if we lived on a regular street - all it takes is a few seconds of distraction or a latch not quite catching.
You could do some training for a "wait" at doorways inside the house too perhaps.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 11:23 AM
What a scare! Sooo pleased that Thorgeir was found safe and sound. The postman does need to know that his actions caused you some distress and could have resulted in the permanent loss of your dog. I wouldn't be a happy bunny either.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 11:27 AM
I have a stable door at the front so it's pretty easy to just open the top half to sign for parcels etc. It's UPVC and looks like a single door from the outside. Cost a little extra but worth it for peace of mind (not that my lad would go anywhere - too old now for that malarky )
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >