Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
I have scrutinised the ingredients in this food n can see no mention of beef fat. I know from own experiences as a human, intolerances/allergies that diet n flora/good bacteria in the gut can make a big difference.
Yep, youll notice it has animal fats which means any animal but usually this will have beef in it which makes sense in a way...cost and availability...and even if it didnt, you have no way of knowing what fats are in there as it isnt labelled, if you did, you wouldnt know quantities of each either.
Boxacrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Have my veteran Boxer of 9yrs 8mths on RC Sensitivity Control Blue Whiting & Tapioca.

She had an awful run with lots of sickness losing weight
etc. lots of vets tests etc.
She couldn't keep even tinned chappie down, which she'd been on previously without troubles.

We've had her on SC and she's done very well.
She only has the odd bout of sickness if she gets hold of
something she shouldn't..

I've worked out she can have homebaked tuna cake with gluten free flour etc, Fish4dogs fish skin treats.
She gets just the odd biscuit of JWB grain free lamb and veg.

Yes it's expensive (although you can buy it online at pet chemists and Pet Planet cheaper than your own vet) but it works out cheaper in the long run than having to have her on medications especially steroids to settle her back down again & all the vets visits that goes with it.

If it suits your dog and works then that's all that matters.
My girl got to Crufts last year when we were told the previous November that she was so poorly we may not even have her at Christmas..She got 2nd in Veteran last year. We have again qualified her and will be at the NEC this Friday...all with the help of RC SC
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Am glad your dog is better now n wish you all the best for Friday. Will be sticking with this food (cost doesn't matter) as long as it keeps her well
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-03-2011, 06:18 PM
My late Snorri-dog lived on it for the last 4 years of his life (8 - 12): he was a farm-born epileptic Border Collie, latterly auffering from pancreatitis. Thr vet directed us to RC.

Snorri
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Can I ask a silly question-
is this for dogs only or can it be for cats too?
-only going by the name Royal Canin,I would have only associated it with dogs- or perhaps Im just having a senior moment-again.
Has anyone ever had experience with a cat being prescribed this?
Maureen- will explain why Im asking if anyone replies
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
My late Snorri-dog lived on it for the last 4 years of his life (8 - 12): he was a farm-born epileptic Border Collie, latterly auffering from pancreatitis. Thr vet directed us to RC.

Snorri
Am glad it helped your beautiful boy too, different things suit different dogs but seems to be doing the trick here, hope you're all ok up there on Orkney

Originally Posted by Ollies mum View Post
Can I ask a silly question-
is this for dogs only or can it be for cats too?
-only going by the name Royal Canin,I would have only associated it with dogs- or perhaps Im just having a senior moment-again.
Has anyone ever had experience with a cat being prescribed this?
Maureen- will explain why Im asking if anyone replies
I't not a silly question. They do a cat version also, sorry don't know of any that have it though
Lizz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Our cats eat 14 varieties of Royal Canin cat food and love it they range from16 years young to 7 months and love the stuff and our 2 BC's adore RC labrador food!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4