View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2010, 11:17 PM
A victorian Bull Dog called Tyla! She was a crazy dog, my mum had taken her on from a women up the road that was miss treating her.
She very wary of people and didnt trust many, But she trusted me and we spent all our time together, she showed me just how a dog could love and trust some one..She was very much my dog and i was only around 13 at the time, but she put all her trust into me and would do anything i asked of her! Sadly we lost her when i was 16 and she was only 5 her self! I still think about her most days after all them years! she touched my heart in a big way, and it makes me cry thinking about her now!
I can only be greatful we had each other while we did!

Hope your sleeping peaceful my little sweet heart!
BullseyesTail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2011, 04:25 PM
The dog in my avatar, Charm. I got her from a breeder when she was 2 - as she had been shown and won quite a lot, but her sister was 'even better' in show terms.

Although I don't have a single puppy pic of her, and didn;t set eyes on her til she was 2 - I probably love her the most, which is saying something as I've loved all bull terriers we've had, so much.

She is gentle and quiet and very maternal with the kids. She is a 'mummy's girl' and goes everywhere with me - all day.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 04:48 PM
All of mine have been very different and special to me in different ways, Benny (jack russelxlakeland terrier) my first got me over my dog phobia and was a devoted companion for 13 years, Lucy (manchester terrier) my second was a little mad from the word go and died at 2 years from a brain tumour the vet said had caused her nuttiness, Katie (corgixjackrussel) tolerated me and loved my husband dearly but I was still devestated when she dies at 13 tears, Rosie (chihuahua) was such a character she really made huge impact on our lives, Mollie (retrieverxcollie) our blonde bombshell is such a beautiful loving girlie and Duncan (yorkshire terrier) gives us so much love despite all his problems.

I really couldn't single one out as best.............
mavis mary1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Bob my englsh springer lost him just before Christmas ,we got him at 12 weeks and he was just such a relaxed dog very easy to train loved, everyone and everything , I miss him very much and I don't think I will ever own another dog like him .
I have now got a new springer puppy got him at the weekend and out of respect for Bob ,he is also called Bob .
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Lovely thread

I've only had two dogs, both so special.

Laddie, the Rough Collie I grew up with. We got him as a puppy and he was the most gentle, beautiful, good natured dog one could wish to meet. When he was full grown he was huge - really striking looking. We grew up together and when we had to have him PTS due to terrible illness, when he was 12, I was devastated. I cried solid that day and for weeks afterwards. I never even considered that we'd get another dog as I just missed Laddie so very much.

Now I have Dexter (Labrador) - the first dog that is totally my own. He's a rescue and came to us with some issues, so the past six months since adopting him have been.... challenging shall we say....

He's a great big gorgeous golden bundle of sheer mischief and spirit. Not remotely biddable, not placid - the total opposite to Laddie but just as loving and adorable. He makes me laugh on a daily basis and I love him so much and am so thankful to have found him.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-01-2011, 11:21 PM
I enjoyed reading through that so thanks - even if was a rotten question to ask !
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 11:28 PM
I think for me there are a few , my first ever dog that was mine when I was 12 , he was a really cute collie cross and will always bring back real fond memories, now in my second era of having dogs, Tom the lurcher is such a character he is a joy to have in my home but in comparison my aloof female grey is such a star too , so difficult to say who is best , so they are all stars and have brought me many different things in different times in my life and so glad to have all of them part of my life
mcv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-02-2011, 09:29 PM
warren was our "best" dog. He was a lab x colli. A rescue. He was about 12 months when we brought him home. he had been in the rescue for 6 months, they were very worried about him because kennels didnt suit him, he had been beaten, abused and thrown out of a moving car.
He was our first baby, obedient, loving and very very loved.
we had no back ground information on him and was worried when we started our family but he was an absolute treasure.
Amazingly he loved people, although wary of men with caps on, got on well with other dogs, cats and little animals. when the rabbit and guinea pigs were in the house they used to climb all over him. In his latter years, he developed very selective hearing and enjoyed cosy nights on the sofa.
we only lost him just after christmas, although getting on he was in good health so it was a shock to loose him, i miss him every day.
Now we have Toby he is a very different kettle of fish, he is fitting into the family rather well and feels like we have had him forever, and is also very very loved
Greyhoundlover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-02-2011, 09:21 AM
We have had many over the years, and although all loved dearly and all "special" in their own way, £ stand out for me.

Goldie - a rescue retriever, who was the most delightful girl.

Angel - who we took at the age of 11 years, and who had been found tied to a fence, collapsed under 6" snow, with severe hperthermia, We only had her 17 months and she died of a brain tumour, and left us unbelievably empty. She was a privilege to have, and bought us so much joy.

Caspar - my very first long dog, and my most special companion who we lost 8 months ago.
He was gentle, kind, loyal, and welcomed everyone of our own dogs and fosters with calmness and kindness - and we were proud to share 10 wonderful years with him.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Hmmmmmm! Damn near impossible thread, this one! How do I pick one dog out of a herd of heroes? First consideration has to go, I suppose, to Glen, the first dog I ever knew. He was a rescue (some indescribable very bad word had thrown him into a freezing river with a brick tied to his neck - he was a bc pup about 2 months old). When my parents saw him,it was love at first sight (all round) and he was with us for 19 years!

Snorri
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >