Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-02-2011, 10:41 PM

What do you think will happen in Egypt?

Nobody can have failed to notice that the political temperature in the Land of the Pharaohs has gone up a bit recently. As I type, shots are being fired in Alexandria. No doubt Mubarak will go, but will he go quickly enough? I always worry about goings-on East of Mali, because there are lots of nuclear weapons lying about, and lots of wrong hands for them to fall into.

Hosni Mubarak has said he'll die on the soil of Egypt. I suspect he may be right. The question is - how many others will die with him?

Snorri
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-02-2011, 11:02 PM
no nukes in egypt
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 10:05 AM
I would not worry too much a) as per KW and b) because they will be too busy fighting amongst themselves to worry about outsiders (As long as we keep our noses out).
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-02-2011, 10:16 AM
As long as they keep the Suez canal open I don't think it's of any concern to the rest of the world. I don't buy this theory that the rest of the Middle East will explode, much as the beloved media would love that to happen, you can just hear it in the voices of Sky's Tim Marshall and others, they are are willing it to happen, what do they care about how many die just so long as they can get a bit of glory in front of the camera and boost their viewing figures.

Keep out especially the foreign media who never help anyone but themselves, let the Egyptian people sort out their problems themselves.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
As long as they keep the Suez canal open I don't think it's of any concern to the rest of the world. I don't buy this theory that the rest of the Middle East will explode, much as the beloved media would love that to happen, you can just hear it in the voices of Sky's Tim Marshall and others, they are are willing it to happen, what do they care about how many die just so long as they can get a bit of glory in front of the camera and boost their viewing figures.

Keep out especially the foreign media who never help anyone but themselves, let the Egyptian people sort out their problems themselves.

How much can change in a month and prove someone wrong.