Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Really this looked good from the trailer
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-02-2008, 02:31 PM
I quite liked it Snorrie, but have to see the previous films Alien/Predator to get the jist of the story.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-02-2008, 02:36 PM
The originals were far better, but, IMO, the "Alien" films were easier to accept (possibly because there was no Arnie in them?).

Snorri
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Totally agree. OH loves them, which just confirms how cr*ppy they are........
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2008, 04:39 PM
I've seen the first couple of Alien films, didn't want to watch the third - I've heard something rather unpleasant happens to a dog. I've got out of watching predator so far, I just don't think they're my sort of film. OH really likes them though and keeps suggesting we go and see it. Then I feel mean as we go and see what I want instead! I'll try and stall him on this one then and he can rent the DVD when I'm out for the evening!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-02-2008, 05:19 PM
I quite the liked the story. It was good how they brought the two 'films' together. In Predator 2 (with Danny Glover) we discovered that predators went through history collecting 'trophy' species.

In AvP we discovered that at some point in time the predators had discovered the 'Aliens' (which we know all about from the original Alien films) were the ulimate 'prey' for themselves (the ulimate predators).

I also liked the way the humans were part of the game by being trapped as 'hosts' for Alien impregnation to produce the Aliens ready for the predators 'game'.

It was also good how the humans figured out that they had to side with the predators as they knew that if defeated the predators (as in the original Predator film) would detonate the whole place.

Having said all that - the film could have been made much better. Clever story but not a patch on the original Alien film.