Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
well,its a vet doing it right?(if its not dont go!!)..they should have plenty of vetbeds u can use

and most dogs do end up dozing off...u may even too

i was going once every 5-7 days
Oh god yes, its a vet, ah of course, good old vet bed

Brill, a week between treatments or a little less is what they recommended for him x
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Hope Zeke goes okay with his acupuncture. Fingers crossed that he gets some relief with his shoulder.

Good Luck
Little Chief
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-09-2011, 01:40 AM
acupuncture is a great way of getting short term relief. Every client that has had it confirms the dogs were not stressed.

Good luck with it. Maybe i could also suggest swimming as this helps build up the muscle. Try and find one near you and look at some of the other treads here.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 05:56 AM
Thankyou xx

We took our female to hydrotherapy some time ago and it proved really worthwhile, the only thing is Zeke HATES water and so it's the last avenue we'll explore poor lad! But if we have too....we will.

His acupuncture is at 10am this morning. Just put a chicken in the oven to cook for treats . Will let you know how the session goes x
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Hi Lucie,

How did it go with Zeke this morning and his acupuncture??

Hope he's feeling ok. Did he enjoy his chicken

Debbie x
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
Hi Lucie,

How did it go with Zeke this morning and his acupuncture??

Hope he's feeling ok. Did he enjoy his chicken

Debbie x
It went well! Thankyou for asking xxxx

......Till the needle went into the top of his head and I nearly passed out It didn't bother him though I must not screech next time, but at least i'll be expecting that one, i was feeding him chicken at the time...eeek!

They used about 10 needles, his back joints, front joints, neck and top of head, he was so good, they stretched, fussed, rubbed him, massaged him and of course stuck these needles in him and he just sat there throughout, enjoying his chicken. He even was looking up at us smiling, quite oddly with these needles sticking out of everywhere!

The only problem we had was they had to be in for 20 minutes and he got a little restless so wanted to get up and wander, which of course we let him do, he was onlead so didn't go far just probably wanted to stretch, but then of course he tweaked the needle in his back end and let out an almighty yelp, poor lad, not hurt, just shock (the one he does when he used to get his temperature taken up his bum, which i don't let them do anymore!) The needles bend so at least he didn't push it in more!

The vet was great, she's shown us some massage techniques for him, and given us a leaflet on this, which he loved last night.

Took him out for his evening wander and his gait seemed more 'happier'? Still the limp, but it's no worse (which she said could happen after the first one) and he was fine in himself all yesterday and last night.

This session was £51, the next is a bit cheaper, then the third cheaper still... I'm pleased we went for him. Now lets hope after the next few session we begin to see a real improvement with his stifness, i'll let you know!

The vet told us it works on around 80% of cases.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 11:55 AM
see,u was worried more than him(isnt that always the case tho lol)

lets hope u and him start enjoying it and it helps
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 02:21 PM
So Glad that everything went well with Zeke

Lets hope that you start to see an improvement in his movement.

We are all sooooo protective of our babies, arn't we?

Lucky boy to have you x
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 05:25 PM
That's great, I'm pleased it went well for the gorgeous Zeke. I hope he really benefits from it.x
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2011, 10:09 AM
A little update on Zeke's acupuncture. He's had his second session now, coped well, no yelping this time when he sat BUT he was a bit restless and hot yesterday which was a shame, he was fidgety and was just a little unsettled - getting up and wandering throughout his appointment.

He was again stiff in his front shoulder last night, this morning his limps is still there, so hard to say but maybe slightly improving, he seems happy, but sleepier? But it could be the warm weather which he doesn't do too well in - very hard to say.

Next session next saturday.

Here's some photos, he has 12 needles, only a few can be seen here, he had others in back legs, and back of neck. Near the end of the appointment he shook and the one from his head flew out - this one works its way out usually anyway - apparently this one is put in to help calm him initially, not that he needs any calming, bless him, he was perfectly behaved.

A bit hot and panty yesterday

Enjoying a hedgehog treat in the garden with Keisha when he got home

Love this next photo - when Keisha gets 'stuck' on a treat she bring it to you, drops it on your lap and give you 'help!' eyes!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2