Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post

Good 'ole Bristolian here and the snow is pitching.
Ha Ha Sharon - I knew you would say that !!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
The rain has stopped here and the wind has dropped, I'm off to route out my bikini.

If Krusewalker comes back tell him I had a blonde moment too There is a drop down thingy under the main map and then you pick a region.
)I'm sure I put my post code in somewhere earlier )
Granny Nippy!

We've got big, fat snowflakes and are on a met office warning of 2-4 inches by morning! Great. My route to work is through a village called Shilton and I have to go down and up "the dip". If we have that much snow I'll be getting down allright but someone may need to help me up
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
-PS Dori-Kate I see that you call it "sticking" and as I originate from the same neck of the woods as you - so do I.
But in Bristol, it is said to be "pitching".

Does anyone else in any other areas of the country have any other different sayings for the "sticking" of snow.
I did a thread on this a while back
Here in Devon we call it lying. Funny how everywhere has it's own expressions!
Hi Pidge hope you got to work ok!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Lol! I've never, ever heard it called pitching! We've always said it's lying or laying down South, but then I'm a Londoner really, but that's still down South aint it!!!

What a night on the South Coast, I thought the roof was going to blow off, and the rain was unbelievable. My local town Worthing is flooded, roads closed etc. but we seem to have escaped it in the countryside. We had one month's rain in a few hours apparently
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3