Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2007, 10:09 PM

Another beaten/unbeaten dog question.

Ok after reading the thread put on a while ago about the beaten/unbeaten dog rule I feel I'm starting to get the jist of the whole thing now, until today that is!

Here's a scenario I came across today, please tell me what you think:

I entered the Post Grad ESS class at Stanhope today (should've been Grad, but that's another matter!). So a young man was the only entry in the Grad class and therefore won it.

Then there was Post Grad, which he also entered. There was 5 in total. I came 4th and he came last.

Now come the BOB he was in the final line up. Am I right in thinking that he shouldn't have been as he was beaten in the PG class and therefore his dog wasn't classed as unbeaten?!!!

Or have I just got it all completely wrong? Again?!

Thank you for your patience!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2007, 10:15 PM
You are correct, he was a beaten dog so shouldn't have been in the final line up. If he was a pup that hadn't been beaten by another pup then he would be called in to compete for best puppy, but shouldn't have been considered for BOB.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

09-09-2007, 10:16 PM
From reading what you say he was a beaten dog in Post Grad therefor not entitled to go in for BOB

Oops sorry Sheree posts crossed
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Cool!!!! I got it right!!!!!

Thanks peeps, the reasoning behind this rule has been evading me for quite a while and I feel I may have cracked it now!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Cool!!!! I got it right!!!!!

Thanks peeps, the reasoning behind this rule has been evading me for quite a while and I feel I may have cracked it now!
Nice when it all falls into place isn't it BUT you were definitely correct in only UNBEATEN dogs should be in the line up for the CC/BOB at open.

Took me a while to get the hang of it too Rips! but nice when you GET IT isn't it!

The steward should have picked up on it - was the dog a puppy out of interest?
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2007, 01:12 PM
I would imagine it was a puppy as i cant see a steward not picking up on it (although it does happen), and may explain why he got a 5th in PG as he wouldnt have been as mature as the others..

You tend to see this when people are chasing their JW as they enter a few classes to gain a point..
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Nice when it all falls into place isn't it BUT you were definitely correct in only UNBEATEN dogs should be in the line up for the CC/BOB at open.

Took me a while to get the hang of it too Rips! but nice when you GET IT isn't it!

The steward should have picked up on it - was the dog a puppy out of interest?
Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post
I would imagine it was a puppy as i cant see a steward not picking up on it (although it does happen), and may explain why he got a 5th in PG as he wouldnt have been as mature as the others..

You tend to see this when people are chasing their JW as they enter a few classes to gain a point..
Nope the dog wasn't a puppy - born 9/6/06!

And it is nice when it all fits into place, I don't have to worry as much about looking like a numpty now.

Well at dog shows at least!