View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 06:18 AM
Been through this twice. No. 1 son went to uni in Carlisle so only saw him holiday times but kept in touch by phone. No 2 only moved twenty minutes from home when he went to uni so was back with his washing or when he ran out of food - nearly every week! Now both home but no. 2 has said he is moving to London at the beginning of November four friends have found a house to rent but he has no job to go to so will have to see how long that one lasts. Still its only a couple of hours away so no doubt he will be home when I am needed. No 1 is thinking of going to Australia to work for six months next year - just hope he comes home again as this is too far to travel
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Hope your ok today Sally, when you have got use to it im sure you will enjoy the peace and quiet and she will keep coming to you for everything.
Ive just started uni too, but I only live close by so im living at home, so glad I did after seeing my mates uni accomadation But a group of us might be renting a house out next year, so we can choose where we stay
Tirnanog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Hi Candie - itis a horrible feeling I cried buckets - seen both mine to uni and last week saw the last one get married and move down south - it never gets easy - but you do get used to having the place to yourself and gaining a bathroom!!
I keep telling myself that thats how Hal and I started out 43 years ago - its their turn now - thinking about you
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Hi Sal

To let you know from the other side so to speak....

You and her will get on sooo much better, trust me.. Been there myself.

Whe I lived at home, my mum and I fought all the time.. And I do mean fought literally in the end.

From the day I moved out, our relationsship changed.. I used to call her every day.. not cos I had anything to say as such, but cos I just wanted to hear her voice... And I was home every sunday... I'm not herrassing her like that anymore though But I do still make those "nothing to say, just wanted to hear your voice" calls She's happy now, that we both have mobile phones, we can text eachother

We get on great now.. And trust me, so will you and Lucy

You know where I am, if you get bored But I doubt it... you have 4 gorgeous doggies to help you spend your time

Hugs J
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2