Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 06:51 AM

my baby's flying the nest!!

I know this is gonna sound soft but my daughter is moving out into a student house tomorrow, and i'm already really emotional about it!!she has just started at the uni in our town and doesn't want to pay me a minimal amount of board , and also says she wants the full student experience!!the mind boggles when i think back to what i was like when i was at uni!!I know we argue like cat and dog , and she wakes me up all the time at 4am when she staggers in, but im really gonna miss her!!
she has already said shes gonna come home to see us a few times a week and to do her washing!!what am i gonna do with all this peace and quiet??!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-09-2005, 07:05 AM
Hi,I went through this Tuesday my 24 yr old left home for the second time,1st time was when he moved in with his then partner and his baby son and stepson,in 2 yrs he was home then he decided he wanted to leave the town we live and move to Norwich and work there he has moved there with friends and has a girlfriend there.He had been back home just over 18 mnths,like you he use to wake us up all hours,leave so much washing get under my feet,but I cried so much on Tuesday after he had gone.He has sent me a txt and rang me twice and will be home regularly to see his children.Now my 20 yr old is looking for work in London and says he will move also.But they have to go,and I think if you let them go they will always come back.Even if it is with their dirty washing.You will feel slightly strange but it does ease within days.
Good Luck.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-09-2005, 07:35 AM
hi candie don`t think that peace and quiet will last you will get used to it i know when my daughter left home we used to have a go at each other as well but she still comes back she has been married once has a baby and still gets in touch when she has problems you never stop being a mum even she isn`t there
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 07:58 AM
you'll be fine candie...she will always need you but guess she wants to learn about living out side.....i am dreading it as well when my boy goes to uni so can sympathise with you hun xxx
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 08:34 AM
aww hun,, the way you are feeling is completely natural
my lil girl was only starting nursery school and i was in bits us mums are supposed to be emotional about our kids, thats what makes a good mum,, she will be fine babes and although it will be hard to begin with she will be in and out all the time with mountains of washing

big hugs x x x x

keep your chin up hun,, you know we are all here if you need to chat x x x
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 09:11 AM
You have 4 dogs - wheres the peace and quiet in that

Look on the bright side though, I bet the relationsship between her and you are gonna get better now
And dont worry, sheŽll be home several times during the week for laundry, money, food, a shoulder to cry on, etc, etc
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 09:41 AM
Awww Sal (((hugs)))

The peace and quiet doesn't last for long, it's amazing how quick the time goes. They always need you for something.

When my eldest first left home, I thought my world would cave in, and she moved to Scotland Now, I don't have any of my kids living with me and I still find I don't have any peace and quiet
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Sally

Im sure you will get used to the peace and quiet and when you do Lucy will be back and she will always need her mum
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 08:21 PM
aww thanks all for your good wishes!!I'm just in the midst of packing her stuff and doing the washing!!my friend has just come round with a massive bouquet, and a bottle of vodka cos she knows what a sad mummy i'll be tomorrow having said that we will probably get on much better when we aren't living in each others pockets
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 09:44 PM
sal me and sam used to fight all the time,and when we said we were moving to wales,she said she wasn,t coming,it broke my heart to leave her behind
but to be honest we get on so well now it is fab
we speak on the phone everyday and she comes to see us once a month

it will be hard at 1st but you will soon get used to it and i,m sure you will both get on brill
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >