View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
noodle
New Member!
Female 

19-01-2010, 09:49 PM

Dog with second histiocytoma (split from old thread)

i have a one year old labradoodle who had a histiocytoma on his paw at 6 months old witch went away after a few weeks but now has a large one on his belly that has ulserated .went to vets today hes on antibioti cs for 7 days then she will see if theres any change before he goes under the knife. do you know anyone whos dog has had more than one case of getting this. he is very fed up with his buster coller on but would rather try and get this gone without surgery. he had two major ops on his back leg as a pup dont realy want him to go under again.:
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Hi Noodle and welcome to Dogsey. You certainly have been through some worry with your dog! Yes...dogs(especially young ones) can get more than one histiocytoma. They can go away of their own accord...but if this one has become ulcerated it may be worth having it removed...I would weigh up all the options with your vet. Hope that helps a bit.
noodle
New Member!
Female 

20-01-2010, 02:02 PM
thanks for reply. buster coller working wonders he cant get to sore and even after 24 hours seems to be drying up already. great to have a site that i can spill my worries about noodle. with kids left home hes my best mate and baby. crazy dog but lovely
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
thanks for reply. buster coller working wonders he cant get to sore and even after 24 hours seems to be drying up already. great to have a site that i can spill my worries about noodle. with kids left home hes my best mate and baby. crazy dog but lovely
Hi Debbie welcome to Dogsey. Poor Noodle seems to have had a rough time of late, i'm pleased to hear the sore is getting better.

I was looking at these protective collars in the pet shop the other day. They look very good for a dog which needs to wear a protective collar for a long time. They are a bit pricey but you would always have it or can sell it on later
http://www.amazon.co.uk/All-Four-Paw...3428668&sr=8-1

Apparently the see through collars can be very frustrating for a dog.

I hope Noodle is better soon
noodle
New Member!
Female 

20-01-2010, 07:42 PM
thanks for info went on website and ordered one to be honest not just for noodles sake but for mine as the buster collers hurt when ramming your legs every five mins
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2010, 10:16 PM
My dog Teagan had a couple of Hystiocytomas when she was young....I didn't want to wait to see if they cleared up themselves, so had the vet remove them as soon as I noticed them
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2010, 01:12 AM
jake had a histiocytoma a few months ago, but he has only had the one, sorry... his was really big, and went all black and scabby i was given a steroid cream to apply onto it to clear it up, it worked very quickly and the histiocytoma soon disappeared. the vet had told me that it would have to be removed if it didnt go away itself, i was so glad when it went.
noodle
New Member!
Female 

21-01-2010, 09:32 AM
noodles is big and black but swelling has gone right down since starting antibioctics cleaning it with salt water got vets next thursday hopefully it will continue to shrink with out op. would rather do it like this as already had two major ops on his back leg dont want him going under again if i can help it.
noodle
New Member!
Female 

26-01-2010, 11:48 AM
well one week of antibiotics and buster coller. scabs and swelling all gone just small red blemish left. got vets on thursday so all looking well.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
well one week of antibiotics and buster coller. scabs and swelling all gone just small red blemish left. got vets on thursday so all looking well.
Hi Noodle excellent. My puppy had a large one on her foot but it didn't go away, became ulcerated and had to be surgically removed.

I am glad the medication worked out for you..
Did you get the new protective collar? I wondered what they were like to use..
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >