Male 

06-02-2009, 06:22 PM
i work in rescue

i wouldnt talk like kcjack
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Maybe when people nark u enough you would. I am a nice person away from the forum and have made amazing friends through the rescue and people who have adopted our dogs, but get fed up of seeing rescue dogs in a bad light, as they are not the troublesome dogs they are made out to be.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
Maybe when people nark u enough you would. I am a nice person away from the forum and have made amazing friends through the rescue and people who have adopted our dogs, but get fed up of seeing rescue dogs in a bad light, as they are not the troublesome dogs they are made out to be.
there are good and bad in rescues, I tend to have had the bad, but thats been my choice In the past I have taken dogs with aggression problems, I have loved turning these dogs round,

But kc you need to consider how you post? Im not being funny hun but your not painting the best picture you could,
a bit more understanding? a bit more explanation of your feelings without getting personal..? would do so much more for the cause

hark at me! lol.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2009, 06:59 PM
People nark me in my job twenty times a day.
Its the nature of my profession, which is one of the emotionally charged ones.
There's no point approaching our jobs letting our emotions get the better of us.
I just deal with it.
We are charities, we need public support.
I'm not too clear where exactly on this thread was the post slating rescue dogs?
Most rescue dogs do have some sort of issue, I've put that into the right context on the other thread discussing that very topic.
I dont regard that as a negative statement.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 07:07 PM
But in my experience Kruse most of the rescues I deal with dont have issues so am talking from my own point of view. I know what your saying I bite my lip nearly all day most days but when it comes to a forum dont see why I should not say how it is, may not always be nice but neither is life.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
People nark me in my job twenty times a day.
Its the nature of my profession, which is one of the emotionally charged ones.
There's no point approaching our jobs letting our emotions get the better of us.
I just deal with it.
We are charities, we need public support.
I'm not too clear where exactly on this thread was the post slating rescue dogs?
Most rescue dogs do have some sort of issue, I've put that into the right context on the other thread discussing that very topic.
I dont regard that as a negative statement.
Probably the most sensible and respectable post I have seen on this forum, full stop. Clear, valid points and put across in a constructive way.

But in my experience Kruse most of the rescues I deal with dont have issues so am talking from my own point of view. I know what your saying I bite my lip nearly all day most days but when it comes to a forum dont see why I should not say how it is, may not always be nice but neither is life.
So, does that make it OK for you to go around upsetting people and being mean to them? If I'm honest your comment about me not being able to handle a Springer has upset me quite abit. Is that what you wanted to achieve by saying that to me?

All I have done to you is criticise you for the way you have spoken to others on the forum recently and for making yourself out to be better than other people because you foster. You made a very nasty and personal comment about me and despite my best efforts it has upset me. Do you think that is acceptable behaviour?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
[

Oh see I thought you said

For the record, what I wanted was to have Mr C home either overnight or just for the afternoon so I could assess how he would be around my dogs properly.

But even so as Mr C got his paws under the table his personality could and probably would change so your dogs reactions to him on that first trial would again be open to change. Which is why I didnt understand why you not even consider him unless the trial was allowed but you would make every effort to keep him after you had got him home regardless if things went wrong.

This is part of the reason I dont think trials are a good idea or a very realistic way of assessing how all the dogs in the house will get on.
sorry Spot...I worded it badly...to say I felt under pressure on that thread in the end would be an understatement. I obviously have not said what I wanted to say very well or clearly enough and I apologise for that. Please rest assured I did not want to judge him...although how he interacted had to come in to play....I cannot have a dog that is humping constantly around my old dog. The thing I realised with him is that he had no dog manners...we can teach him the people stuff...but my dogs were not the right ones to teach him dog manners, Cosmo is too soft and Biff...well he's Biff and he is also too soft. I had to see how they were with him ,how they acted and responded...of course how he behaved would also come into play with that as it was part and parcel, but really it was my dogs I wanted to see as I know them inside out.
Him humping Cosmo yesterday was not really the issue as such...the real issue was that I could tell that Cosmo was feeling VERY insecure around him and not to happy...no his tail wasn't under his legs and he wasn't shaking, but his ears were low and back and he was slouching around in the end.....he wasn't a happy boy and he was edgy ( I can read him so well...I'm sure others may not have picked up on it had they been watching...)So yes...the issue was he was humping..but actualy the problem was with my dogs. Cosmo can't deal with it and Biff is too old for that be done to him by a new adolescent male in the house...bad enough when Cosmo tries it on...

I am sorry if my posts caused any confusion.It is sometimes hard to express yourself properly on a forum. I still don't think I've put it well on here, but my head is everywhere now...sorry.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
i work in rescue

i wouldnt talk like kcjack
No you wouldn't. Thats why I like you.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2009, 07:20 PM
if you read the other thread you can see what i mean by 'issues' and why acknowledging them is a positive help for rescue dogs and their new owners

what is the actual post on this thread you think has been insulting rescue dogs?
i havent noticed this.

forum, in person, over phone.
its all the same if you dont wish to loose funds for your charity or loose homes for dogs from rescues.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2009, 07:22 PM
We took Maggie home nearly 6 weeks ago. Initially it was for a 2 week trial period with the view to keeping her. I'm not sure that the rescue offers this to everyone but because we know a couple of people who work there and they were instrumental in helping us find the right dog they offered us this option.
The reason we decided on this route was because of having a very traumatic time with our last pup who sadly we had to have rehomed (as I explain in my introduction thread). We had to feel sure we were doing the right thing and the "trial" option was just a safety blanket if you like. TBH we never went into it with the intention of giving her back and we knew the commitment and training we'd have to make/do but it just made us feel secure to do things this way after what we';d been through (Brian our last pup was very successfully rehomed by his breeder by the way).

I guess what I'm saying is that I think this is a good option to offer some people and it's up to the individual rescue to assess whether they feel the potential adopters are truely genuine rather than wasting their time.
Page 8 of 15 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »