View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spot
Dogsey Veteran

07-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by talassie View Post
This to me is the crux of the matter. It isn't black and white and everyone should be judged on their own merit.

I have never had a rescue dog (but have had a rescue cat). However before I got my last puppy I visited several breeders to talk to them and see their dogs. Without fail they were all welcoming and generous with their time. One breeder was very critical of various people who had come to see them and of one person in particular who had to return a dog because of a change of circumstances. I liked her dogs but decided not to take one of her puppies because I felt the support would not be there if a problem arose. After all life happens and no one knows what the future may hold.

That is why I think it is so important not to judge people kcjack for being cautious. You could lose a good home. It is great to be so passionate about rescue dogs but the dogs need people to have a life and the people need to be treated with respect.
Most rescues will be welcoming and generous with their time as well - why would you think otherwise? Good rescues as well as breeders offer support and life time support you know.

Think this is now turning into yet another slag off rescue thread as I really dont know where you get the idea that rescues dont treat people with respect?
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 12:39 PM
I have wonderful people have puppies of me. I have a waiting list and contact them as soon as, and they frequently visit the pups until they are ready to go to there new home.
I know some people who run rescues can be short at times but they are under immense stress and have a lot on there shoulders.
It was always a slag of rescue thread
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Most rescues will be welcoming and generous with their time as well - why would you think otherwise? Good rescues as well as breeders offer support and life time support you know.

Think this is now turning into yet another slag off rescue thread as I really dont know where you get the idea that rescues dont treat people with respect?
I am sure most rescues will be welcoming as you say and it is interesting that you have decided my post is anti-rescue. I was simply observing that people's attitude to the potential puppy/dog owner if a problem should arise is important whether it be a breeder or a rescue.

Regarding respecting people and their opinions this was addressed to kcjack.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 01:03 PM
I do respect some peoples opinions as I am sure you do but not all, I cant respect people who chirp on slagging rescues of yet no nothing about them Sorry
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 01:14 PM
In the past ive really admired all the lovely pics & stories KCjack has posted about her rescues & fostering, ive loved looking at those pics etc etc & cried & beeing touched at the stories,& has gone some wayto thinking that maybe i could foster or help out at a rescue, this thread however is enough to make me want to stay out of it all!!!! i hope it dosent put off other potential adpotees
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
I do respect some peoples opinions as I am sure you do but not all, I cant respect people who chirp on slagging rescues of yet no nothing about them Sorry
That's true and it's good that everyone is able to give an opinion. People see things differently and what may appear to you as a post 'slagging rescues' may not be read by someone else in that way.

I think it must be heartbreaking to see how some of the dogs you rescue have suffered and I really admire the work you do. I don't know anything about it because I have never been involved in the everyday nitty gritty that running a rescue must involve.

I do think at times you are defending yourself and the rescue dogs unnecessarily. I personally haven't seen any anti-rescue posts on this thread. I see posts from people who want the best for the dogs but who don't always agree what that 'best' is.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Think this is now turning into yet another slag off rescue thread
It was always a slag off rescue thread
Really I would say these are sweeping generalisations and do not reflect the content of the thread as a whole if one takes the trouble to read all the posts .
Originally Posted by Stormey
Here we go again. A thread starts out as a polite discussion with differing views turns into a mud slinging extravaganza
I agree, yet again in this thread (as with some others of late) there are a number of remarks which have no relevance to the content of the thread at all, and I think people would be well advised to ignore such remarks and those who made them and to carry on discussing the topic as posted .
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 01:26 PM
But it keeps popping up though doesnt it "I could never trust a rescue" "it may bite my dogs or kids" I cant help it as it winds me up like a coil as that is so not my experience. My fosters are wonderful dogs and some not many may have slight issues that are easily resolved.

mishflynn
Please dont be put of people like you who want to foster are the life blood of rescues like mine for the rescue and the dogs.
And half decent rescue will match the perfect dog to your home enviroment so should run smoothly. We provide our fosterers with everything beds, food, lead anything they need. And me and Jayne are always at the end of a phone 24/7 for advice or problems.
I have made such wonderful friends through the rescue and fostering I have 200 friends on face book about a 100 are all people who have adopted dogs and like to stay in touch.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 01:27 PM
I don't think anyone can take away from KC what a fab job she is doing. Also, I can't see that anyone considering adopting would be put off doing so by seeing anything in this thread.

I do agree, however, that KC can come across a little confrontational at times and that perhaps a little tact might go a long way

There have been a few contraversial threads of late. Perhaps we all need to make an effort (me included) to get on, rather than argue over everything. After all, we all have a wonderful thing in common - WE LURRRRRVE DOGS
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
I have made such wonderful friends through the rescue and fostering I have 200 friends on face book about a 100 are all people who have adopted dogs and like to stay in touch.
Ahh that is lovely! i think the "good stories" are far more inspiring to someone llike me, than a thread like this tbh
Page 11 of 15 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »