Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-07-2013, 05:48 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Friday.

Morning everyone seems I am the first one up today and haven't bumped into Helena. Like yesterday.

Bit chilly here at the moment. I do believe its meant to be a very hot one over the weekend though.
Dillon settled down after being shouted at by the neighbours teenagers who I suspect were making the noise that disturbed him enough to make him bark in the first place.
Wouldn't mind but they are the noisiest family on our part of the estate especially the dad with his car a Stag billowing out smoke and the throbbing engine noise at the weekends and early evenings while he has been doing it up.
Thank goodness he can take it onto the road now for a spin. Our estate is not designed for this kind of thing.
Then the fox was about and it barked most of the night but Dillon managed to settle and ignore it. Has had us by 6 this morning though so a nanny nap for me later.

June I hope you get the girlies to the river and no one scuppers your plans or have they done that already ?
Helena I hope you get an easier day today no lopping or staining of furniture.
Linda I hope Loki seems more himself today.
Lynne that OH gets the Virgin problem sorted.
Malka that you are not too sore from your tumble the other day and that Pereg has had a restful night.
Bev that the only hitch was Charly and Ash having a wonderful day.
Anyone heard anything from Harvey (Losos) ? I am hoping he is ok.
I hope everyone has a nice day and stay safe everyone.

jenny we are viewing 4 houses tomorrow I will put the links up in a bit if people want to take a look at what we have lined up.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-07-2013, 06:00 AM
Ok here we go our marathon session for tomorrow is.

No.1 http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-39129416.html

No.2 http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-26692095.html
The garden is all shingle but we can change that soon enough.

No.3 http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-42290927.html I am worried there is no fencing but after Tuesday and the misleading photos we decided to take a look.

No.4 http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-36674350.html

Wish us luck we need it or I'm being too fussy.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2013, 06:02 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

I was up bright and early this morning after a brilliant night sleep (6 hours) which is good for me.
The sun isn't out yet which is quite a relief to be honest but I'm quite sure it will appear very shortly. A morning of housework for me today (and dog walking ) before a friend comes over around 2.00 as she wants to sit in the garden .... she's a real sun-worshipper .... so providing it isn't too windy maybe I'll get to sit under my new umbrella.

Lynn - Certainly round here there is so much more noise in the evenings than during the day from people sitting out by the river. Many people don't realise that voices carry across the water and we often enjoy or suffer other peoples conversations from a couple of hundred yards away. We also get party boats going past with blaring disco music I'd love to see those links if you get a chance to post them up later.

I hope everyone is feeling well today together with the dogs. Looking forward to seeing any photos that Bev can post of the wedding yesterday.

See you all a little later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-07-2013, 06:09 AM
Morning jenny. I can imagine the noise you must suffer from the boaters. Disco boats grrrrr one nearly run into us once when we were bringing a cruiser back from Huntingdon to Waltham Abbey it was night cruising like us. We were trying to find somewhere to moor for the night we had adequate lighting but they just kept coming at us on the wrong side of the river. Thank goodness Gorden had the time and space manouvre in time.
Fingers crossed you get to do some sun worshipping under the umbrella.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2013, 06:19 AM
Lynn - Yup these disco boats plow down the middle of the river regardless of who else is boating at the time
Just as well Gorden knew what he was doing to get out of the way.
I love the properties you've got set up for tomorrow. They all have real potential but I have to admit the first and second ones are my favourite. Excellent kitchens, gardens and roomy lounges. It must be so confusing looking at them online though 'cos as mention they can be very different when you are there. I think the 3rd property's garden could be very small - might be wrong though and the last property looks like a lot of work and do you need that much room ... think of all the housework On the other hand that last one has clearly been on the market since winter so could be open for a low offer. Rather you than me as it all looks so confusing but you never know one of those could be the perfect home.

""""" I don't mean the 3rd property having a small garden .... it should have read 4th!! Lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2013, 06:26 AM
Morning Lynn, Jenny and everyone

Lynn, I don't envy you doing the house hunting tomorrow in that heat, but let's hope this will be the very last time. Yes, this sunshine brings all those noisy beggers out doesn't it, we had it from next door last night with their kids and their friends, but strangely enough, Zena totally ignores them and was lying out there quite happilly against the fence, ignoring it all, which I can't quite believe She doesn't ignore their dogs though when they come charging out to attack her up the top end, she zooms up there to reciprocate but it doesn't last long.

Jenny, I bet you must hear those disco boats late at night when you're trying to sleep I s'pose everything has it's up and down sides, but you've got more up's than down's where you live there I'm sure.

Bev, can't wait to see your pics, and I do hope it all went beautifully yesterday and that you didn't cry (too much!).

Got the vet at 9.20, just for a check over so that he can prescribe me more metronidazole's which she takes on a daily basis. I'm going to try to remember to ask him about that aspiration she did in the night after drinking too much water and vomiting a few weeks ago. There must be something I can do to help her, and I will also explain how it's very different from the reverse sneezing that she used to do a lot on exercise. Always summat isn't there

Off to the van afterwards to put the clean curtains back up, and check if that furniture has dried, awww gaaawd, I do hope it dries before the guests arrive tomorrow Surely it will in this heat.

Talking of heat, we're back up into the 30 mark again this week-end, but apart from doing the one change-over tomorrow, we have nothing else planned thank goodness, so can stay home in the cool.

Enjoy your week-end everyone, Dave home tonight, so I will be awol throughout most of it on here.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2013, 06:28 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

After the initial stress of getting ready in the morning and then the tsxi not turning up to take Charly to the registry office the day went wonderfully and the sun come out. They both looked amazing and so happy and everything else went without a hitch.

We went rowing in Dedham along the river in the afternoon which was a real giggle as none of us were brilliant at rowing and we all got soaked and then had a meal at the posh boathouse restaurant in the evening with champagne flowing.
They then left for their night at the even posher Talbooth hotel, where they are going to have a day of spa and massages today, before coming back here this evening.

I got loads of photos and when I have time to upload them all I will post some on here.

Back to reality for me today though. Mums shopping and housework this morning and then work this afternoon and this evening. My weekend is also busy as Lily and I are working from 7am tomorrow morning at a show for greyhound homer and then Sunday its my youngest son Lee birthday so Charly ash and I are over there for a BBQ.

Good luck with the continued house hunting Lynn. Mine is moving forward as had papers through to sign on my new house yesterday.

Have a good day all and take care.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-07-2013, 06:44 AM
Good morning Lynn good morning all
Going to be another scorcher today ,the suns already breaking through the haze ,
Poor Dillon being upset by those boys ,good luck with the house hunting
Enjoy the sunworshipping with your friend Jenny g ,
Nothing exciting here today just the usual ,
The muppets not enjoying this.heat their in and out like yoyos
Had them down the loch for a wee swim ,which they enjoyed
I would have joined them but too many folk around ,
Hope all poorly doglets and humans feel better soon the sun shines for everyone ,all troubles are weenie ones
Have a good day all take care stay safe xxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-07-2013, 07:05 AM
Morning Helena.
I hope the stain has dried too how awful if they sit on them in their posh clean white clothes and get wood stain on them.
I am sure it is dry and it will be ok if not you will have to put a very large notice on the furniture to keep off.
Enjoy your evening and weekend with Dave.
Morning Bev it sounds like after the glitches the day went perfectly and the rowing sounds fun and the posh meal.
Shame you are down to earth with a bump today.
Looking forward to the photos when you get the time.
Morning Norma this heat does make the dogs unsettled doesn't it till they find a shady cool spot. Awwww you spoil sport I bet the folk round the loch would of loved to see you swim with the dogs.
jenny you would think one of them has got to be right wouldn't you ? I am feeling I have a mental block about moving to a new home, new area and a long journey away from friends and family and Gorden working away for 4 nights a week. If it was here where we are living now it wouldn't be so bad as he will be working in the UK this time.
Money would be coming in I could meet friends and Gill regularly and be somewhere I know and am comfortable with having been here nearly 16 years.
It all seems a bit daunting and woke up today feeling this is part of the problem of not feeling the vibe for anywhere we are looking at.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2013, 08:10 AM

Bev Your day sounds glorious, can't wait to see the pics
Hope all goes well at the vet H how I read your post it sounded like it was you that needed the metronidazole
Lynn sorry to say but I will be very sad when you finally move I adore looking at you EA ads and trying to choose which one
Morning Norma and jenny,
Just housework for me......until the sun decides to shine and then I may sit in the garden
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »