Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 09:55 AM

Red eyes???

As some of you may know, Willow has had a slight eye infection this week, which doesnt appear any worse, if anything better...but her eyes where they should be white..look more red?? Could this mean anything?

Thanks

Anna
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Kayos often had red eyes when he was stressed as well as when he had an infection, but if you're at all worried why not just give the vet a call & check.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Has she been treated for he eye infection? Fudge had discharge and red eyes which were eventually treated with eye drops from the vet. I`d give them a ring.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Thanks, Im gonna give them a ring if it gets worse...but it does appear to be clearing and her eyes getting better?? very strange?? will keep an eye on them, dont want them to get worse.
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-01-2008, 12:23 AM
Please go and see your vet, my beautiful daughter Sapphire had red eyes after Mum bathed her for a show last Sepember and when it didnt get any better she took Sapphire to the vets. Various treatmentsb didnt make it any better and they were referred to an Opthalmologist. After lots of test and lots of money, Sapphire was diagnosed with Extra-ocular Myositis which is very serious auto=-mmune mediated illness, We are still treating her and hoping she will survive this illness as she is never going to get better.

We hope your lovely dog only has an infection and can be treated.

Best wishes

Thalice-Malice
:smt049

r
eating
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Right, i have booked Willow into the vets for tomorrow as her eyes are still a bit gunky, and she keeps rubbing them as if there itchy...bless her, hope she is ok.. xxx
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Just an update on Willow for those of you who gave me advice, she has been to the vets, who confirmed her eyes were swollen, and she has conjuctivitus, bless her. i have some eye drops for her, and these appear to be helping alot, her eyes are much brighter now, and the redness is going. thank you for all of your help... xxx
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 12:46 PM
so pleased it looks better and you got eye drops hun pleased we could help
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 12:53 PM
It sounded so like Fudge`s eye infection, glad you got it sorted out.