Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 12:12 PM

Don't Believe Some Owners

Its 32 degrees out there and we have just got back from a browse round a really huge boot sale. We had to leave before getting round it all because the sun was making us feel ill.
I was horrified to see hoards of people dragging thier poor panting dogs among the crowds in the full sun, which they will invariably have to load into thier boiling car thats been standing in the full sun for hours before setting off home.
Would it not be kinder to have left the poor dog at home in this heat, like we did.
The owners were drinking thier coke etc as they walked round or sitting having a coffee while the poor dogs got nothing that I saw.
wilmasmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2007, 12:28 PM
See This A Lot ,when I Go To Garden Shows,would Love To Put The Owners In A Sheepskin Coat For A Couple Of Hours,give Them A Taste Of How The Poor Dogs Feel.
Wonder How Many Of These Dogs See The Light Of Day In The Winter Months.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 12:41 PM
It infuriates me it really does! I've just got back from a bootsale in essex aswell (not sure if its the same 1 as u) and saw exactly the same thing
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-08-2007, 12:45 PM
I know someone, she always takes her black lab out at midday, it makes me angry, I've told her it is too hot at that time of day, does she take note. NO. They should at least have some cool water with them for the poor dogs.

Ian
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2007, 12:50 PM
I agree they are better off left at home in this weather if they must take them could they not buy them a bottle of water.
We must be soft because we couldn't sit and have a drink without having anything for Ollie especially in this weather.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
It infuriates me it really does! I've just got back from a bootsale in essex aswell (not sure if its the same 1 as u) and saw exactly the same thing

I was at the one in Ardleigh
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Some people just don't think do they? Max didn't get his walk till after 7:30 pm last night & it was still quite warm for him then, there's no way we would consider taking him out in the midday sun, even with bottles of water.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-08-2007, 01:06 PM
I remember going to our local County Show one year when it was hot (unusual, here!). After it, my mate and I went to the pub, with Kali. I was rummaging around in my bag when I noticed that I was next to our vet, who was laughing at the collection of water bottles, combs, brushes and biscuits that was coming out. He asked me what all the bottles were for, and I said "For him!" (pointing at Kali) "We can always go for a pint when it's warm, but he can't!"

"Hmmmm" says the vet. "First one I've seen today!"

Snorri
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 01:10 PM
i saw 3 dogs today being walked a t 12 o clock - i made sure millie had a run this morning - even thouhg it was quite warm this morning, as i knew she wouldnt get walked till tonight - 6ish - mabey later, when its cooler

whats wrong with some people!!!!????
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I was at the one in Ardleigh
Not the same as me but same situation i guess I took Max out at 6am this morning and he won't be going out again until around 7pm this evening, especially being black coated!

I get funny about him being out in the garden in this weather let alone walking him in it! If he's in the garden he runs around with his toys in his mouth so I end up hosing him off and making him lie in the shade!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >