Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 09:02 AM

Grrrrrrrr....my turn for a rant....

I recently joined Freecycle- you can advertise for stuff or take whats on offer- no sales. I needed a lawnmower and someone suggested I try there. Well I thought- I have a webcam that I dont use- some guy was asking for a webcam- so I offered. it for free.We arranged to meet at 930 this morning near some shops where he lives- it happened to be on my way to the beach- seemed ideal well got there at 930 and waited 15 minutes- no-one showed.....its a dodgy area anyway-lots of gangs of kids about. I didnt hang around. Whats up with people ???He's on line so he could have emailed me this morning to say he couldnt make it or would be late. I wont do this again- Ill stick with people Iknow and trust
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 09:21 AM
I am with freecycle and have had some good bits, also have given away some bits. I have waited in for no shows - so frustrating.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Wow never heard of this, sounds dodgy though?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2006, 12:09 PM
So annoying when people waste your time.
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Ive learned my lesson- Ive not had any feedback about a lawnmower either so Ive just been to B and Q and bought a cheapy mini flymo
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 08:13 AM
We've just got a "new" greenhouse from Freecycle!

The guy had left the side gate open, so we went and dismantled it and cleared up, and left a thank-you note with a pot of my home-made plum jam...

We also got Max's new dog bed from Freecycle, and we're watching out for some other garden stuff!

It's not all bad!!
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 08:20 AM
Hi yes my boss uses it as hes very "green" and recycles everything he can. Im sure that the majority of people who use it are ok- it was just unfortunate that my first experience wasn't a positive one