Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 11:00 AM

She hates him.......

My powderpuff Karma who was born and raised here, has suddenly started to take a dis like to our Italian Spinone, he has been here 9years in oct so was here the whole time she was growing up (she is 25months) and was brilliant with her and her litter mates, he would let them jump all over him ect! He hasnt a bad bone in his body and has never once had a problem with ANY other dog inside or outside the house.
The last few weeks Karma has started to go mental when he walks past her, not every time but enough that its becoming a problem..He just ignores her and carries on doing what ever he is doing, but she will just constantly bark at him, in the house and in the garden.. I dont inderstand why..they have lived along side each other for just over two years with no problem and Fable the Spinone is doing nothing to start her barking.

It got to the point yesterday that i put him out in the garden on his own (he loves to lie around in the garden) for a bit of peace from her and she flew at the window that goes onto the garden and went mad barking and throughing her self at it because she could see him.

She hasnt bitten him or anything and doesnt seem like she wants to, she just barks.

I dont know what to do? I tell her to back off and leave him and she will, but as soon as ive turned my back and he has moved again she barking her head off.

I dont know why Fable moving around is upsetting her so much, if i did i might be able to work out whats going on and put a stop to it !!

Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 11:05 AM
When was she last in season?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 11:08 AM
The end of Feb, where she suffered a phantom.
Fable is castrated and has been for 6 and half years..
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 11:18 AM
So you are coming to the end of her phantom then - or was her phantom in Feb?

How are his joints?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Her season finished around the end of Feb and her phantom ended early/mid march.

His joints are ok he seems perfectly fine still, can walk/run properly ect! ohh but i will say when he is lied down for a while and he gets up it does take him abit longer than it would have as a youngster, almost like because he has laid in the same place for abit he has gone a little stiff .. does that make sense?
so for the last 4/5months he has had cod liver oil added to his evening meal.

But she can start even when he is stood up, running around or just walking past..shes a b*gger.
maryann
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2010, 11:26 AM
maybe she is testing him to see if she can have a step up the hiarachy(sp) she's not a puppy anymore, do you let them both up on the settee? if you do, you could maybe try not letting any of them up that way you can reinforce that you are the boss and what you say goes, im not saying that you dont treat them equally but i know what its like with small dogs, give them an inch lol but seriously i think shes trying to take over as leader and in her eyes fable is lower in the pack, try to keep her on the floor as much as possible when you are showing some love to fable and if she barks at him take her out of the room till she stops, then bring her back into the room if it happens again, repeat repeat repeat till she gets the idea that barking at him will not be tolerated
Good luck, its not an easy situation to deal with
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Just wondering - some dogs do not like that kind of change - and unbalance in other animals and it can be something they react to.

She could be picking up on something you are not seeing in him - or it could be a hormonal thing - many bitches will have hormonal changes up to around 3 months after the season (another reason for waiting that length before speying).

....or it could be that he has knocked her, or stepped on her by accident at some point and she has taken issue..
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 11:32 AM
This is the problem there is no point me removing her from the room because as soon as she clocks i have seen her ( i swear she thinks i dont have ears) she knows she has done wrong and will take her self away from him, until i am no longer watching her..Fable does not take a blind bit of notice of her and seems to be immune to the sound.. which i must say hurts my ears like hell.
She knows she doesnt get away with it, the dogs are allowed on the sofa, although Fable will choose not to and would rather lay on the dogs pouffe, where she quite happily cuddles up with him, and if she is sleeping on it and he gets up she will happily take her self off if there is no room
The dogs are all treated the same, Im one of them that is a strong believe in small dogs being treated the same as the bigger ones or it really can start problems.
She has never ever been like this before with any other dog.. its call come quite abit of a shock if im honest.

Yes tassle i never thought of that, maybe he has stepped on her by accident or something he is a very clumbsy boy.
We shall have to keep an eye out and not let things get worse, or let her get away with it..

Thank You both for your replies
maryann
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2010, 11:35 AM
dont know what to say then hun exept find a brick wall and start banging lol x
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 12:36 PM
It could be a health problem - in either dog. It could be that the bitch is out of sorts or a bit sore and is taking it out on him - or it could be that his scent or gait has changed due to a physical problem and it`s making her anxious. I`d check them both over, and try to separate them for a while.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >