View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 09:28 PM
I just wish I could stop inhaling everytime he comes near me ;o)
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Thornit is amazing stuff. I have to be honest I have no ideae what is in it, all I know is that it really works.
I am sure that it will do the trick for Woody's ears
Dojers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2010, 02:04 AM
It looks like it can't be found in the US. I did find a "recipe" for it - is there something that works as good that can be bought in the US? (Sometimes I hate being a newbie )
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 07:01 AM
Sorry Dojers, I don't know.

Guys, the minute I put it on he seemed so relaxed and calm. This morning his ears are clean and fresh smelling. What excellent stuff!

I don't now if he had mites for sure this time, but there was alot of head shaking and black wax but it all seems cleared up now.

Someone has suggested I should have taken him to the vets first and that some folk don't like thornit as don't like putting things in the ears. I can see that but when I see results like Woodys I think it's great.

I'll run him past the vets next time just to see what they say and will monitor them for the next few months anyway. I think spaniel ears can seem mite-like anyway personally, especially if he is always in and out of the water.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm so pleased his ears seem better today

I wouldn't use the Thornit if I thought there were a serious problem, and you can usually tell the day after putting it in whether it is going to work.

My vet in Lincolnshire knew that I used it and would take the dogs to him if I was concerned, he was happy that I used it and that I knew my dogs well enough to know if they were ill, and I'm sure thats the case with you too.

When Ebony had an ear infection she was really poorly, cried a lot, went off her food etc., and had to have antibiotics as well as a lot of ear cleaning, poor little girl. Thats a lot different to a dog with slightly smelly/waxy ears or itchy with mites.

After all, it's not like you're just putting any old thing into Woodys ears, Thornit has been around for years and I didn't know any of my fellow setter exhibitors who didn't have a bottle of it in their show bag

Its like anything Em, you will always get someone telling you you shouldn't do it that way, or use such and such...I never had any problems from using it
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Thornit is fantastic.
You can also sprinkle on feet if they have feet and ear irritations at the same time.

I put mine in a pepper shaker and then give a light shake when needed.
I also use it inears a bit before I pull hair out of the ear, it helps to grip an cleans the ear as well
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I'm so pleased his ears seem better today

I wouldn't use the Thornit if I thought there were a serious problem, and you can usually tell the day after putting it in whether it is going to work.

My vet in Lincolnshire knew that I used it and would take the dogs to him if I was concerned, he was happy that I used it and that I knew my dogs well enough to know if they were ill, and I'm sure thats the case with you too.

When Ebony had an ear infection she was really poorly, cried a lot, went off her food etc., and had to have antibiotics as well as a lot of ear cleaning, poor little girl. Thats a lot different to a dog with slightly smelly/waxy ears or itchy with mites.

After all, it's not like you're just putting any old thing into Woodys ears, Thornit has been around for years and I didn't know any of my fellow setter exhibitors who didn't have a bottle of it in their show bag

Its like anything Em, you will always get someone telling you you shouldn't do it that way, or use such and such...I never had any problems from using it
Thanks. So far I'm all for it xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2