Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2009, 11:29 AM

Rant about Stupid Idiotic Person!

Why Why Why do people do it?

OH's friend from College USED to be a game keeper, but swapped profession a couple pf years ago. For some reason, he just keeps getting dog after dog after dog.

At the moment, he's got a terrier that is 3/4 and is related somehow to my charlie, 2, 15 week old patterdale puppies, a 6 month old lurcher, a 6 month old cocker spaniel, a 2/3 year old labrador, a 1 year old jack russell and another lurcher.

AND he is getting ANOTHER terrier puppy soon.

He did this once before, which is why Tilly is like she is. He bought 4 terrier pups at around the same time, then didn't have enough time to spend with each of them individually.

He also has a daughter, she's two next may. She doesn't have a garden to play in, because he keeps building kennels out there to house all his dogs.

I think he's getting this new puppy, because his girlfriend wanted another baby, so they made a deal, she gets to have a baby, if he gets another terrier.

It makes me so mad. He doesn't really do anything with the dogs, he tells us he does, but we know that he doesn't.

He also seems to think that we will be giving Tilly back, which he's got no hope in hell of happening! That dog is not going anywhere, she's mine now!!!!!

Sorry about the rant, but I just get so angry. He hoardes dogs, then gives them away when they get too difficult for him. I've told OH that we will not be taking any dogs from him anymore. His attitude is that if a dog is what he deems to be 'rubbish' at whatever job he bought it for, then OH and I will take it. Well, I'm not a dog sanctuary, I don't want to take on a dog that I don't really want, and anymore that I can manage. I've tried to tell him this, but he seems to think that I am an idiot. He's says, oh but you can't say no to a dog, look how many you've got!!! yes, 7, but they are all worked and I know that I have ample time to spend with 7 dogs as I only work part time!

Woah, I really am sorry about my rant!! It's turned into a rant essay!!

xx
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-12-2009, 01:14 PM
I'd make sure in no uncertain terms that he knows he isn't getting Tilly back- that could cause problems.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
I'd make sure in no uncertain terms that he knows he isn't getting Tilly back- that could cause problems.
so would i...

he sounds like a first class plonker!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2009, 03:19 AM
You are doing better than me I don't think I could hold back on this one, I would be telling him exactly what I thought and he is not a person that should have a dog let alone horde them, I think people like this go on the cute factor and cute factor alone and don't learn they take time and effort to get the dog to get trained and they need more than just food and water.
I doubt it would help but take him to an animal shelter and show him it is people like him who put dogs in there.