Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 10:22 PM

Any Tolkien fans on Dogsey?

Just wonderin' I'm stoked for the new films, I don't know how I'll wait until 2011 though! And the latest book (The Children of Húrin) was of course brilliant!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Yes,I have pointed ears but I don't have hairy feet.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Fan of the films. Tried the books but I'm afraid to say that I lost interest!
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Yes,I have pointed ears but I don't have hairy feet.
ohh, im the opposite!!

Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Fan of the films. Tried the books but I'm afraid to say that I lost interest!
aw thats a shame. well no, i guess its not a shame if you didnt find them interesting... but the films are cool indeed, yes
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 11:12 PM
I read the hobbit when iwas about 8. No going back since then. I even invented myself as a very fetching elf in the lord of the rings online game.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Yup I read the books when I was a kid too, thought they were brill - well TLOTR and the hobbit, tried some of the others and to heavy going for me
Films did a really great job, made it look like I had seen it in my head
Always wonder why they choose the bits to miss out that they did?? and interesting that the bits missed were the bits missed in the cartoon too
Sundance
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-02-2009, 07:40 AM
I have been a big fan of Tolkien since reading LOTR in my teens and enjoyed the build up to the release of the Peter Jackson films which I thought were excellent. I have bought "The Children of Hurin" but still to read this. The one thing the release of the LOTR films did was to rekindle my interest in science fantasy and have been reading more recent authors. In particular, the series of books "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R R Martin which is more adult in content and described as "Characters so venemous they could eat the Borgias" - so thanks Peter Jackson for rekindling my interest. I am looking forward to the release of The Hobbit (two films I think) which should also be excellent.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Yup I read the books when I was a kid too, thought they were brill - well TLOTR and the hobbit, tried some of the others and to heavy going for me
Films did a really great job, made it look like I had seen it in my head
Always wonder why they choose the bits to miss out that they did?? and interesting that the bits missed were the bits missed in the cartoon too
Completely agree about the others books being too heavy going - don't know how many times I tried to read the Silmarillion and given up - too much like a history lesson for my liking!

I don't agree at all about the films - I just got so annoyed with them that I haven't been able to watch any of them all the way through.

But then I'm like that with most books/films - I always find the film so disappointing if I have read the book first.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Yup there are v few films I like after I have read the books so I totaly understand
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2009, 10:17 AM
read the bookls years and years ago and still love them today, was thriled to see the films and had to read the books agan luv all
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >