View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 09:51 AM
I have a ''Bluebird'' on my shoulder, inspired by my Late Grans Brooch, which she left me.

However I am having another done....Pat's name with a S round it, in the form of a snake (as I was born in the year of the snake)
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 10:01 AM
This is my gecko:

I'll try to get another one, but basically when I'm wearing trousers it looks like it's crawled out of them and up my back. I do like it, I just wish I could see it! LOL
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm getting a water-lily on my lower back in a few weeks. It will be my first tattoo. Sid has two, one on each arm - a koi and a dragon.

There are quite a few websites that show you what each tattoo symbolizes, why not have a wee surf around for inspiration. This is what I did before choosing my design, I loved what the symbolism of the water-lily was.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 01:35 PM
I have a salamander on my shoulder symbolising a time in my life when I shed off all of my old life and problems and burned it all then emerged in a new skin like the salamander. I just decided to let all of my grudges and problems drop away and move on with a new life and a fresh view.

My next tattoo will be a winged scarab. Symbolising protection and forgiveness. The winged scarab in egyptian mythology represented the sun god, but was also put into sarcophagi to help you in the afterlife. If you died with a heavy heart, the scarab took hold of your heart as it is put on the scales of justice and fly up giving to a lighter heart and forgiving those sins you could never forgive yourself for.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Hi, thanks for all your replies, really interesting to hear everyones different reasons for their tattoos.
I've fallen head over heels for a tattoo on google images, i'm not sure what all your views would be because its quite big! It would go up the one side of my body, Its stars in a brilliant pattern. I love it and so does my OH. I'm a bit scared because of the size of it but it looks amazing. I've got some serious thinking to do. The good thing is that its totally hidable!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Just a thought...if it is large and you're worried about the pain - I am sure the tattooist will do it in stages for you. Lots of people do it this way to make it easier (on the body and the pocket lol )
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Just a thought...if it is large and you're worried about the pain - I am sure the tattooist will do it in stages for you. Lots of people do it this way to make it easier (on the body and the pocket lol )
He he! Good plan.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 06:51 PM
This is a great site for tattoo's, and you can download them for free..................I love black and grey tattoo's, there is a great one of a sun on this site which I am thinking of having done, can't decide where I want it doing though!

http://www.tattoojob.com/

I have my granddaughters names tattooed on my inside wrists and a memorial Tattoo for my beloved Nova, who passed over to the Rainbow Bridge in September last year.

Love the gecko tattoo Pidge!!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4