Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 07:49 PM

dog walker job interview/chat on Saturday.....help please

I having been looking for part time work for a while any way today I saw an ad for part time dog walker , perfect.

So I phoned and we had a lovely chat, she does walking and training in an area close to me. I told her my doggy experience and she seemed impressed. She is due to have a baby soon and wants someone to take over ther dog walking side of the business for at least 6 months with a view to expanding the business together when she returns. I told her about my book keeping too and she said that would come in handy.

I will be doing app 10-15hrs a week which fits nicely around kids and dogs and pays well too.

I also told her that I am bad with my neck currently and explained what happeneed etc she said she wouldn't really need me to start till \March. She said she is very careful as to who she takes on as she has a good reputation so I feel quite please to have got to the interview/chat stage lol.

Trouble is I am not sure what to wear ie suited and booted or smart casual. Normally for any interview I go in my suit do you think she would prefer that? what would you prefer?

thanks

Mel xx
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 08:54 PM
hello
good luck for starters ,i would go for smart casual .im sure someone who ,allready dos this kind of work ,will be along in a seck .let us know how you get on x
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
hello
good luck for starters ,i would go for smart casual .im sure someone who ,allready dos this kind of work ,will be along in a seck .let us know how you get on x
thank you very much x
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 07:42 AM
I would go for smart casual .

If you go toooo smart she might think you would have problems with the dirty aspects of the job .
All the dog walkers I know are very casual people !

Good luck
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Smart Casual I think. That way if she has dogs and they jump up you, you can just say ''Oh! it's ok'' if you went Smart Smart...she may think your too overdressed for what she has in mind.

Good Luck xxxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 02:01 PM
That sounds a fab job - especially with the future prospects too.

I would go smart casual, as others have said. It will give the right impression, without being too office-looking, if you know what I mean

Best of luck with it. Sounds fab.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 04:48 PM
this is the ad she has on the job centre

Description
You must own a dog or have worked with dogs in the past. You must also have dog friendly transport. We require an individual who will join us and help us expand the company. The position is available from March/April time. You will be required to provide one reference work of personal. Duties will include ensuring that the dogs get plenty of fresh air and exercise. You will be walking a select group of sociable dogs.

I think its me lol

thanks for the advice smart casual it is......I am actually quite excited by it.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 05:00 PM
sounds lovely , i see dog walker ,every day ,on my way home from work .he allways make me smile ,as he comes round the corner ,with about 4 dogs at a time . i must be smileing ,at him as he has started to nod and smile at me .im allways dog spotting . when i first noticed him ,i thought ,gosh what a lot ,of dogs to walk ,then weeks later lol the penny dropped . the dogs he walks ,i have to say .were really fat at first ,but over the months ,they have all lost loads of weight . so he is doing a good job ,they all trot along ,with there tails wagging . i think to my self .lol if there moms could see them .he he bless em .
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 05:02 PM
ooh good luck, that does sound like a lovely job.

(PS I would usually say you can never be too smart, but I think this particular job brakes those rules, I completely agree that smart casual is the way to go).
jumbosdad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Smart Casual and with some poo bags in your pocket then if you are taken out to see how you are with dogs the you can whip one out if the inevitable happens! Oh I also take a small squeezey bootle with diluted disinfectant with me then if the dogs wee's up some ones gate posts you can give it a splurt makes you look resposible!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >