View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Awww...bless her. Hope the op goes fine on Monday and she's back to her old self soon. Wags and licks from Cassie xxx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
She been on AB's for 4 weeks, it started with a uterus infection but has got steadily worse.

I took her to the vets an hour ago and the vet confirmed my suspicions, sometimes AB's can resolve the problem but sadly in Smeags's case they did'nt work.

Thankfully it's open pyometra, this is probably what saved her life.

She's booked in at 08:30 on monday for an emergency hystorectomy, we'll keep a close eye on her until then, the vet said if she deteriorates over the weekend to bring her in immediatey, she would have done the operation today but they don't like doing them on a friday as there's limited staff on at weekends.

The thing is she's acting normally, not drinking excessively or moping about, in fact we had her at the seaside last week and she had a wonderfull time, I've checked her temp three times this week and it's been normal.

Never mind, she's a strong gal, she'll get over it.
Oh Denis im so sorry to hear this mate, Good luck for Monday, Smeags will be fine shge a strong gall and will be fine , Big hugs xxxxxxx
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Hope all goes well for Smeags you must be worried sick
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 07:33 PM
awww hugs to Smeags xx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Awwww poor Smeags,she'll be fine Denis,she's a big strong girl.Poor Fay will be worried sick about her wee girl too,she should pop over here on mon and I'm sure Shona and I could keep her company and cheer her up too.

Smeags's pal Asta sends mega healing vibes for her bestest buddy in the whole wide world,xxxxxxxx

Asta sends Smeags a wee pic of her and her best buddy Smeags,

Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Can they not just wash her out so to speak?
Becky
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Hi Nero. sorry to hear about your lovely girl
The wait until Monday will seem like a very long time. Wishing your girl well and sending warm healing thoughts xx
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Can they not just wash her out so to speak?
Becky
Not with pyometra Becky, she's been on AB's for 4 weeks and they did'nt work, as I said it's open pyometra, we're very lucky, with closed pyo they can die in a matter of hours.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 08:16 PM
It was Closed Pyo that my Gremlin had, and very advanced - she had absolutely no outward symptoms at all to go by, no loss of appetite, running around as normal, temp normal on pre-op check etc - she is only alive because I`m pro-spay and her pyo was found literally when she was having her `routine` spay
Smeags has been very lucky indeed to have Open rather than Closed as you rightly say, and even if the meds had worked you might not have been so lucky in the future as it usually re-occurs so spay really is the only sensible way to go.
You`ll have to find ways of taking her mind off her appetite after the no food deadline - and get some ear plugs maybe, I should think a Rotties rumbly tum could be quite loud

Seriously though, I know how worrying it can be for spay with Pyo but she`ll be in good hands and she`s a big strong lass, she won`t let it keep her down for long - give it a couple of days and you`ll be tearing your hair out trying to stop her being her normal active self til her stitches can come out
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Aw bless!

She sounds like Takara wrt her appetite!

Good luck on Monday hope all goes well and she's soon back to her normal self after the op x
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »