View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Oh no poor henry. What a stupid women, i hope she feels guilty and ashamed of her idiotic idea that her dog is ok off lead.
Thats like thinking( well the brakes on my car are abit iffy sometimes, but i can't be bothered to do anything about it. its not my fault the child was run over.) GRRRRRR.
I hope henry recovers with no scars outside or in from this attack. poor lad. and the two of you. hugs all round needed me thinks.

xxxxxxxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Oh so sorry to hear this Sheree, I've only just logged on. I'm so sorry to hear that the lovely Henry has been attacked. I'm really pleased that he made it through the op well though. Just remains to be seen what physical and psycholgical damage has been done though....

Stupid woman, what was she thinking? The husband does sound to be genuine from what you say. If you are not the first person to knock on their door to complain then maybe he is just sick of his wife's irreponsible behaviour.

Huge hugs to Henry, you and Clive, it must have been a horrible experience for you all.xxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Thank you everyone xx

I am shattered, I stayed up with him all night to make sure he was ok, he whinged a bit and tried to get the bandages off but all was fine until about 6ish, he decided to have a play with his moo cow, rolled around the floor a bit and suddenly there was blood everywhere, his ear had escaped from the bandage I screamed for Clive to come and help, just so I could hold him still to try to re-bandage it but, despite our best efforts the ear kept escaping and blood was gushing everywhere, he kept shaking his head too so we were all covered from head to foot.

Anyway, we waited for the vets to open at 10.30 and got him straight there, the vet was lovely, had a quick look at it and said it will be fine in a couple of days and we will never know it had happened, which was reassuring, he has now been totally bandaged all round his head with both ears fully encased, he looks like a baby seal with those big sad eyes, bless him. He goes back on Tuesday morning to have the dressing removed and, I'm hoping, that will be the end of it.

Apart from him having a terrible runny tummy he seems more or less back to normal, his tail was wagging non-stop at the vets and he wanted to make friends with the other doggies so, fingers crossed, it hasn't caused him any permanent damage.

We've not heard anything from the woman, no cheque popped the the door or even a phone call...I'll give them until Tuesday when he goes back and then I shall let them have it with both barrells as well as informing the police

Thanks again for all thinking about us xxx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Thank you everyone xx

I am shattered, I stayed up with him all night to make sure he was ok, he whinged a bit and tried to get the bandages off but all was fine until about 6ish, he decided to have a play with his moo cow, rolled around the floor a bit and suddenly there was blood everywhere, his ear had escaped from the bandage I screamed for Clive to come and help, just so I could hold him still to try to re-bandage it but, despite our best efforts the ear kept escaping and blood was gushing everywhere, he kept shaking his head too so we were all covered from head to foot.

Anyway, we waited for the vets to open at 10.30 and got him straight there, the vet was lovely, had a quick look at it and said it will be fine in a couple of days and we will never know it had happened, which was reassuring, he has now been totally bandaged all round his head with both ears fully encased, he looks like a baby seal with those big sad eyes, bless him. He goes back on Tuesday morning to have the dressing removed and, I'm hoping, that will be the end of it.

Apart from him having a terrible runny tummy he seems more or less back to normal, his tail was wagging non-stop at the vets and he wanted to make friends with the other doggies so, fingers crossed, it hasn't caused him any permanent damage.

We've not heard anything from the woman, no cheque popped the the door or even a phone call...I'll give them until Tuesday when he goes back and then I shall let them have it with both barrells as well as informing the police

Oh bless your baby seal.

We're having as nightmare with our boys, you and I, aren't we xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Thank you everyone xx

Aww bless him,his runny bum might have come from the shock of it all,nice to hear he wanted to be friends with the other dogs

Yes let her have it nothing more than the stupid woman deserves.

Gentle hugs to Henry from us xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Oh bless your baby seal.

We're having as nightmare with our boys, you and I, aren't we xx
Thanks Em, yep, our little babes sure know how to worry the life out of us xx

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Aww bless him,his runny bum might have come from the shock of it all,nice to hear he wanted to be friends with the other dogs

Yes let her have it nothing more than the stupid woman deserves.

Gentle hugs to Henry from us xx
Thanks Sal, I thought it was maybe shock or the drugs that caused his bad tummy, and I was delighted that he wanted to make friends and that his tail still wags as much as ever xx
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Sorry I dont know how I missed this, But am glad to hear Henry is home and nearly back to normal, and that he doesnt seem to have taken it to heart bless him. I hope the lady contacts you soon about payment, its not very fair or responsible of her not to pay for the bill
Although I couldnt help but think they gave you the correct numbers, address ect so she must be willing to pay?

Hope Henrys tummy clears up soon, and what a shame you missed the show to!
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 12:32 PM
So sorry to hear this Sheree,Poor Henry and poor you.Hope he makes a speedy recovery,Big hugs to you both xxxx
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Hugs to Henry hope he makes a speedy recovery, sorry to hear this news, hope you gave the owner a piece of your mind.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Sorry I dont know how I missed this, But am glad to hear Henry is home and nearly back to normal, and that he doesnt seem to have taken it to heart bless him. I hope the lady contacts you soon about payment, its not very fair or responsible of her not to pay for the bill
Although I couldnt help but think they gave you the correct numbers, address ect so she must be willing to pay?

Hope Henrys tummy clears up soon, and what a shame you missed the show to!
Originally Posted by tink View Post
So sorry to hear this Sheree,Poor Henry and poor you.Hope he makes a speedy recovery,Big hugs to you both xxxx
Originally Posted by kobebear View Post
Hugs to Henry hope he makes a speedy recovery, sorry to hear this news, hope you gave the owner a piece of your mind.
Thank you very much ladies. xx

I'm pleased to report that Henry seems to have bounced back, he has the odd whinge but I think that is more discomfort fromt he bandages than actual pain, he's just had his last walk and is asleep on the sofa, I shall stay downstairs with him again tonight just to make sure.

Clive said that I really went into one with the other dogs owner...not like me at all, and I know I was still having a go at her after Clive ran off to get the car...she said that she had said sorry and offered to pay the vets bill and what more could she do...thats when I said the dog must be on a lead at all times...I still feel so much anger towards that woman, she just better pay for his treatment or there will be trouble

Thanks again xx
Page 6 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »