Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 08:02 PM

Worried about Shady

She refused her breakfast this morning, but then she does that occasionally, so I wasn't overly bothered.
We went for a run later in the morning and she seemed fine.
When we got home she seemed rather quiet and then an hour or so later was sick, just a bit of bile as she hadn't eaten. I thought she may have bought up bile because her tummy was empty so offered her a small amount of food, but she refused it.
She has bought up bile twice more this evening and is looking very sorry for herself.
Now I think of it I don't think I have seen her do a poo today either.
If she is no better in the morning I think it will be off to the vets for her.
Her colour looks ok so fingers crossed she doesn't get any worse tonight.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Does she scavange at all, Bev? I'm wondering if maybe she's eaten something that's disagreeing with her.

Poor love - hope she improves overnight x0x
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Does she scavange at all, Bev? I'm wondering if maybe she's eaten something that's disagreeing with her.

poor lass

it does sound like she could have an upset tummy,has she stopped being sick now?how is she in herself?can u hear her tummy gurgling?
i wouldnt offer her food this evening,even if she wants too eat,offer her small amounts of water so she doesnt guzzle it,
hopefully she will feel a tad better in the morn
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post

No she is not a scavenger and has never eaten anything she shouldn't. I havn't seen her touch antthing that could make her feel unwell either. Thats not to say she hasn't though I suppose.

Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
poor lass

it does sound like she could have an upset tummy,has she stopped being sick now?how is she in herself?can u hear her tummy gurgling?
i wouldnt offer her food this evening,even if she wants too eat,offer her small amounts of water so she doesnt guzzle it,
hopefully she will feel a tad better in the morn
She has just had a little drink, which she hasn't wanted to before so I will see if she keeps that down.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Sorry to hear this Bev, I agree about the food, don't offer her anything tonight, only water. Stomach noises are good, especially if you haven't seen a poo today, so stick your ear to her tummy and see what you can hear? Can you take her temperature, that'll also be a good idea. I'm sure she's just picked up a bug or something and is feeling sick and under the weather. I've had this sooooo many times with Zena this past year, so I know what you must be going through, but hopefully, she'll be a lot brighter for you in the morning and might want to eat. I do hope you have a good night and don't have to worry too much, it's awful when they're like this I know it only too well.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Shady has been kept in the vets. She was still no better this morning, I tried offering her a piece of chicken to see if she had any appetite and she turned up her nose.
Vet said her tummy was very rigid and uncomfortable. They are going to run bloods and if that doesn't show the problem they will x-ray her.
Please keep everything crossed that she hasn't anything serious.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Shady has been kept in the vets. She was still no better this morning, I tried offering her a piece of chicken to see if she had any appetite and she turned up her nose.
Vet said her tummy was very rigid and uncomfortable. They are going to run bloods and if that doesn't show the problem they will x-ray her.
Please keep everything crossed that she hasn't anything serious.
Oh Bev, if you haven't got enough on your plate already...and everything you've already been through...I really feel for you and have got everything crossed that your darling girl is going to be ok and that its nothing serious. (((hugs)))
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 11:48 AM
oh sorry to hear shady is unwell, fingers crossed she is feeling better soon and the xrays go well.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Oh Bev, if you haven't got enough on your plate already...and everything you've already been through...I really feel for you and have got everything crossed that your darling girl is going to be ok and that its nothing serious. (((hugs)))
Tell me about it, after all the worry with Milo and then his loss I was hoping for a bit of luck,, this year.
Already this year though I've got my dad very ill, my son diagnosed with Liver problems and now Shady.
I really am so worried about them all, just hoping Shady is ok to take away that bit of worry.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
oh sorry to hear shady is unwell, fingers crossed she is feeling better soon and the xrays go well.
Thankyou I hope so.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »