View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 06:54 AM
Thanks everyone. Feeling a bit better now coz she's slowly moving around, been out and had a wee, no signs of stress or panic or pain when she went out the back OR the front, so that part has recovered from whatever it was.

I've gone off the bea sting idea now coz of course her mouth, or wherever would have been swollen and it's not?

Her ears and mouth have now gone back to a normal colour instead of that horrendous bright red, her mouth last night looked like she'd been sucking on a red lolly!

Had my thinking cap on again, and the only thing I have seen anywhere near like this was when my horse once had colic and a twisted gut, that was pretty horrendous to witness whilst awaiting my vet, profuse sweating, temperature soaring, pawing at the ground and rolling in an attempt to stop the pain, and this was very similar in Zena last night, she was in pretty horrendous pain I do know that much. So I'm now thinking, I just wonder, if when she went outside, she maybe jumped up at that bea (it's always hovering around out there at dusk) or a low flying pigeon (coz they were bonking on the flat roof at the time), and maybe, just maybe, she overstretched and that hernia caught and strangled a bit of bowel, be it only for a few seconds/minutes?? The fear bit would have been, blimey what have I done to myself kind of thing, and then the pain which would make the temperature soar like that? Oh I know I'm clutching at straws here, but anything that helps that vet might help Zena.

We're not going anywhere today, both doors are open front and back, but she's now sleeping peacefully again at my feet, she's taken to being my shadow once again,although she's crying a lot which she's never done before. Still waiting for the vet's call but I do honestly think some more ab's are in order coz if this came back, I'm gonna be in a right old state and will probably just take her and leave her with the vet to sort this thing out whatever it might be.

Thanks guys, it's so comforting to know you are always here for me,all of you.xxxx
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 06:58 AM
I'm so sorry to hear she's not well , hope she is better this morning
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 07:07 AM
oh poor zena! i'm glad she seems a bit better this morning, mega hugs for both of you xxx
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 07:16 AM
Poor Zena I hope you find out what caused all this. It does sound as if something happened to her in the garden.
Take care and let us know how she gets on.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 07:16 AM
God H how worrying for you. Hopefully it's something really simple and she'll be back to herself in no time. I know that doesn't stop you worrying though.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Aww Bless ya Both! {{{{Hugs}}}

Hope the vet can find some answers.....Poor Zena.

Thinking of you Both x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Thanks guys. She's moving around more, but still crying on and off, but that could be because she wants us to go out on a walk like she always does first thing, you just don't know. I just cooked up some minced fish which she ate with relish, after the vet had rung of course, just in case they wanted her back in. I told her I'm not taking her out, although I do feel she would actually GO out, but she's too weak for that, so maybe this evening she said. I am to ring or take her back if it happens again when the drugs have worn off and they will keep her in

My poor ickle girlie, she's not herself, although she has followed me about a bit this morning, but usually she's following me constantly everywhere, coz she is my shadow ya know! Bless her heart, I cannot imagine what went on with her last night.

She's gone very quiet again now and sleeping so I will now nip down the vets and pick up all those drugs and some special bland food and see how we go then This house is not the same today I'm afraid, I want my nutty puppy back no matter how much she irritates me with that football of hers!!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Sheps go down so fast, don`t they? And they get so distressed about it. I do hope your girl is better.
x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 07:32 AM
Oh Aitch honey. I'm so sorry to read this. Hopefully she's feeling better soon. The symptoms you described are exactly like when Cassie had Pancreatitis but as you say, they've ruled that out. I certainly hope that whatever it is, she's better soon and back to her normal self. Big hugsxxxxx
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Oh Helena I'm so sorry, I do hope Zena will soon be bright as the proverbial button again!

Give her a gentle stroke from me

Wys
x
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »