Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2017, 05:31 PM

Campylobacter

We took Pepsi ( JRT) to the Vet 3 weeks ago for investigations into her ongoing diarrhea, vomiting and squeaky tummy.

Today we got the result that she has Campylobacter in her stool and she is to have a course of antibiotics. We are to observe strict hygiene practices, like we don't anyway and prevent her from licking peoples faces, like we don't anyway

Anyone got any info or useful suggestions?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2017, 10:37 PM
NJ,sorry no advice
Just wanted to wish wee Pepsi a speedy recovery(( hugs))
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2017, 07:40 AM
Thanks Lacey.
We are waiting for the antibiotics. The Vet said they don't have the right dose because she is so small
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2017, 07:46 AM
I put up a website about this but it got taken down. If you google you will find out more about it. Can't believe the vet hasn't got the right dosage to give you. Go to another vet. They must have it because of all the pups that come from dubious places which usually have campylobacter. Had some pups at classes and they always had the right dosage of antibiotics given to them. Surprised she has it. Most dogs do carry it in their genes. (Sometimes called helicobacter not to be confused with giardia). Doesn't always give problems. Just make sure she goes on concrete which is easier to clear up with disinfectant. Jeyes fluid is good.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2017, 08:13 AM
Thanks Brenda, I think that because it is a small practice in a small town, I've hit a bit of a blip. It should be there this afternoon.
This is the virus that is tested for in humans with orange juice and a breath test isn't it? Liable to be the cause of stomach cancer?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2017, 08:50 AM
My dad had campolybacter and he was sooooooo poorly, wishing Pepsi well xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Just an update, hope Im not speaking so soon!

Pepsi is taking her Erythromycin as if it is nectar! She certainly seems better. No more diarrhea and her breath which had been smelly is far more fragrent!
So fingers crossed shewill be better now.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2017, 09:38 AM
Fingers crossed here Nippy for Pepsi that she has now recovered.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Today we got the result that she has Campylobacter in her stool and she is to have a course of antibiotics..............................
Anyone got any info or useful suggestions?
Hello Jenny, sorry I missed this. No suggestions as I've never come across Campylobacter.

Just recently a blood test on Casey showed he had Pseudomonas but the antibiotics cleared that up pretty quickly.

Hope that they do the trick for Pepsi also
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2017, 09:59 PM
Lol...poor Pepsi...ethymicin is the one that gives me the squits and doubled over intummy pain!! Glad she is doing well...if I recall, this is what set LG on his kiudney failure
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >