View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 01:37 PM

out of control dog spoils walk - im absolutely steaming!

AARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH I'm so flipping angry I really am!!!

We're planning on taking all the dogs to the big park this afternoon, but I though i'd take my guys over to the smaller one opposite our house this morning for a play in the snow. Got to the entrance at the same time as a woman with a St Bernard which started growling and snapping at mine. I backed off and put my three in a sit while she literally dragged it through the entrance. I got a dirty luck for my trouble.

Let them get through the gates and a little way along then took my three in and walked a little way down the path in the opposite direction and put them in a sit. Waited for the woman to get to the top of the hill and out of sight with the dog and three toddlers in tow in took about 5 minutes. During which I had three *very-excited-about-snow-time* collies under control and waited patiently thinking to myself "what a numpty".
Let mine off and they started playing zoomies, when over the brow of the hill comes this St Bernard dragging her along on her ar*e! Could see it meant business so quickly called mine in and put them behind the undergrowth then stopped it when it reached me. At which point the woman started screaming right in my face about how irresponsible I was to let my dogs off the lead!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway i'm not proud of myself but ended up having a storming row with her as she just wouldnt back off and all the while she's going blue in the face trying to hold this dog back away from mine. In the end I called mine to heel (luckily they werent bothered a dam and just wanted to play in the snow) and walked off. At which it was "you shouldnt even have them f'ing wolf dogs they're f'ing banned!". At this point one of the local kids pipped up (theyre cheeky at the best of times) "they're border collies stupid!" and everyone around laughed!

Anyway we went up to the top and had a good time with all the neighbours out as well and a right mix of dogs - my 3, 2 labs, a red setter, a greyhound, a staffie and three little cross terrier pups. Periodically the woman lost control and had arguements with various people as we went round the park in a loose formation, not walking together as such but all in the same area. In the end when the dogs were all having a mad zoomie she screeched at us all that we had no right to hog the whole park with our dogs and she was going to get them all put down for being out of control, at this point the dog pulled her over again and knocked my neighbours little 3 yr old over!!!!! One of the other guys got out his camcorder and started filming it, he filmed us all call our dogs in close and put them in stays (even the pups!) and then filmed her struggling to hold the dog which was by now frothing at the mouth back, it also recorded sound and got her kicking off at us all and swearing infront of little kids. We've all come home and rung the police and dog warden seperately to try and get something done, because the dog is dangerous and the woman obviously isnt trying to do anything about it!!!!!!!!

sorry for the rant, just so angry at idiots like this spoiling everyones fun, and was also relieved my other neighbours were out as felt quite threatened when she was shouting in my face while a huge snarling dog at her side!

x
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
At which it was "you shouldnt even have them f'ing wolf dogs they're f'ing banned!". At this point one of the local kids pipped up (theyre cheeky at the best of times) "they're border collies stupid!" and everyone around laughed!
Sorry your morning was partly spoiled by such an idiot.....but I had to say the bit above had me laughing out loud and it sounds like you've got great neighbours and a great group of well behaved dogs to play with.

Report her, feel superior (because you are!!!) and don't let her spoil your day!

J
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 01:47 PM
She sounds like a bl@@dy lunatic! Hope the Authorities do something about her foul mouth and the bloomin' dog but I doubt they will Sounds like you had a great time in the snow anyway but don't blame you getting annoyed
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 01:52 PM
bleedin hell.. what a nutjob still she only made herself look like a twit!
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 01:52 PM
thanks guys, i'm starting to calm down now. One of the neighbours just knocked on the door to ask a) are we ok? and b) would we give a statement to the police that we found the woman and the dog threatening? I said Yes. They're coming out because the little girl has bad bruising and they're debating on a trip to hospital to get it on record so she must be pretty hurt
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 01:57 PM
You rant away, what a stupid stupid woman....just because she can't control her own dog!

How rediculous!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 01:58 PM
What an idiot H, was it over the industrial estate? Will have to keep an eye out!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 02:01 PM
What a horrible thing to have happen. As for the wee lassie, no wonder she is covered in bruises, poor wee tike. I'd be covered in bruises if a great hulking St Bernard knocked me over.

My mates mum had one (unfortunately he went to the bridge just before Xmas), and although he was a gentle giant, if very drooly, I wouldn't get in his way if he was in full charge!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 02:09 PM
I think I'd be steaming too - or shaking - one or the other.

I do hope the little girl isn't badly hurt, and I really hope the police do something about this danger of a woman and a dog
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 02:22 PM
When I read the wolf bit I thought..."hang on..have you gotten another dog?"

Wolf dogs= collies?? wow..she must have seen some really strange wolves!!

You need to get a copy of the video LOL..I can't be the only person who wants to see it!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »