View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2012, 07:52 PM
....and then there's those sheep, coz there are no "sheeps" they are one, especially in a herd, and that one can be difficult!!!! I once had a discussion over this with a top reporter man and he couldn't fathom it out either!

Anyway Jen, not only do I never go "on there" or "over there" (coz everyone on Jeremey Kyle is in there basiclee !!!) but you'd never catch me out on me grammar

For the moment, my gripe is that "basically" word, it's overused and in the wrong places, plus it's pronounced wrong innit, coz they say basicleeeee in every other word too Jeeeze, whatever happened to the English language, sure went out the window didn't it.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2012, 08:19 PM
If only they would go back to teaching English properly in schools from the word go - bad grammar and poor spelling annoy me too Nippy.

One of the most irritating for me is the misuse of "due to" and "owing to". Grrrrrrrr
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Did you forget to put an exclamation mark at the end of your sentence??? AAARRRGGGHHHH how annoying...

no??What u on about?
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

05-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
I meant when people say they are giving 110%. or going to put 150% effort into something
it can still happen

listen, i'll do the math, you guys do the grammar
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2012, 08:33 PM
I really don't give a stuff as long as I get the gist of what is being said and me an ole wrinkly an all
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2012, 08:45 PM
It's programme not program, Mum not Mom, I have a shower, I do not wish to take it anywhere thank you.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 04:41 AM
Same feelings here Nippy - bad grammar drives me to distraction!

x0x
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
It's programme not program, Mum not Mom, I have a shower, I do not wish to take it anywhere thank you.
I use Mom and not Mum quite simply because I was born in the US and lived there, so she was Mommy/Mom not Mummy/Mum. It sounds odd to me to say Mum/Mummy, looks odd when I write it too
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Tut tut!

and then there's those sheep, coz there are no "sheeps" they are one, especially in a herd

Flock, my dear, flock!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Argh well i'm sorry if I offend but I do try my best, you've made me paranoid now, but it does make me laugh on here when people get into arguments and they start slating (sp) each other's spelling and paragraphs, gotta laugh at that
So sorry I knew I would offend someone, it's nothing personal
It's not so much the spelling that is inexcusable it's the inappropriate use of words.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
....and then there's those sheep, coz there are no "sheeps" they are one, especially in a herd, and that one can be difficult!!!! I once had a discussion over this with a top reporter man and he couldn't fathom it out either!

Anyway Jen, not only do I never go "on there" or "over there" (coz everyone on Jeremey Kyle is in there basiclee !!!) but you'd never catch me out on me grammar

For the moment, my gripe is that "basically" word, it's overused and in the wrong places, plus it's pronounced wrong innit, coz they say basicleeeee in every other word too Jeeeze, whatever happened to the English language, sure went out the window didn't it.
Lol, I guessed i would get you going!

Originally Posted by nickmcmechan View Post
it can still happen

listen, i'll do the math, you guys do the grammar
Grrrrrrrr don't you dare

Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I really don't give a stuff as long as I get the gist of what is being said and me an ole wrinkly an all
This is the trouble I have, I can't get the gist of anything when I am having to work out whether it is their or there etc. (You have just reminded me .... weather - whether )

Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Tut tut!

and then there's those sheep, coz there are no "sheeps" they are one, especially in a herd

Flock, my dear, flock!
Hahahahaha
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »