Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Bless her I am so pleased for you both xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2011, 05:24 PM
That's absolutely brilliant news, I'm sure it has more than put your mind at rest. I'm also sure that Milk Thistle has helped the liver with all the meds too, I used it once when Georgie had an enlarged liver along with the pills they gave me and even they were surprised how quickly it all went back to normal. Bless her heart, I hope she carries on in those normal levels throughout and with the way you look after her I'm sure she will!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Phew I bet that is a relief.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Fantastic news, Malka.

Go Pereg!
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Excellent news.
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
wonderful news, go Pereg
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Bless her I am so pleased for you both xx
Thank you all! It really is good news but I must not forget that these are just blood tests results - not a sign of a non-existent cure. But oh the worry about whether the Pb would affect her liver, as it is known to do. And oh the worry whether she might have hypothyroidism and require yet more medication. And oh the almost over-whelming relief that the tests have not shown anything untoward.

Her skin condition had worried me a bit but now I know it is not important and the medication should clear it up quickly. It is not bothering her so that is one less thing to worry about, but I still cannot get over my lovely driver going to collect the prescription [for which my Vets do not charge], taking it to a pharmacy, laying for the pills and then delivering them here to me!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
That's absolutely brilliant news, I'm sure it has more than put your mind at rest. I'm also sure that Milk Thistle has helped the liver with all the meds too, I used it once when Georgie had an enlarged liver along with the pills they gave me and even they were surprised how quickly it all went back to normal. Bless her heart, I hope she carries on in those normal levels throughout and with the way you look after her I'm sure she will!
I do my best to look after her H - I do my best. I just wish I could do more for her.

Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Phew I bet that is a relief.
Definitely a relief [wiping head Phew smiley!] The relief has just begun to sink in and I am just praying that Pereg can go a bit longer before the next episode. But at least I am not so worried now about the possible side effects of her medication.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
She also has Taurine powder which is believed to help reduce the severity of seizures and post-ictal behaviour
The variety of Arden Grange that I feed my lot (Performance) has added taurine which is why their nutritionist suggested it to me.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Fantastic news Malka, I know how relieved you must be feeling.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Great news
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2011, 08:24 PM
I am so pleased for you both, such a relief.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >