Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
erniethemilk
New Member!
Male 

01-03-2011, 07:53 PM

Puppy Collar and Lead

I've no idea where to start with a collar and lead for my 7 week old puppy, can someone point me in the right direction.

For the time being I'd prefer something I can get hold of somewhere simple such as Petsathome or similar.

I'm fed up of chasing pup round the garden trying to get her in, so am thinking it's a good time to get her used to a collar and lead at least for going in the garden!
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 08:00 PM
They do some really sweet very small ones in Pets at Home they also do some specifically for puppies but the puppy specific one we got, didnt last very long as it was very flimsy.

Some of them are clip on which is quite useful for putting on a fidgety or reluctant dog, as it is easier to do up than a traditional buckle one. I would get them used to a collar as soon as possible, our pups had one put on from day one that we had them and we have had no problems, they did try and chew the lead initially but we sprayed it with anti chew stuff and once we started a very positive purposeful walk with it even round the garden they were so interested in what was going on they forgot about chewing the lead!
erniethemilk
New Member!
Male 

01-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks for your reply

As she is only just 7 weeks, we haven't worried too much about a collar or lead, but I think we should be trying to get her used to one slowly now. I had also read one or two stories of young puppies getting into trouble with collars, and getting stuck with them on.

I'm not too concerned about how long it lasts as she will no doubt grow out of it reasonably quickly. I quite like the idea of the clip on's.

I'll go and take a look tomorrow and see what they can offer.