View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2012, 10:25 PM
I'd agree about the mirror - it helped us no end. It also helped to get someone to film it - from the stack to moving too a free stand.

She looks very good to me.
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
First pic look's great. Time to start entering those show's I think

Do you have a partner? friends that you could get to go over her, as you have her stacked? Just so she get's used to lot's of different people going over her.
Also if you could get hold of a biggish mirror on the cheap you could position it against a wall, so that when you are stacking her at home you can see her reflection in the mirror as to what the judge is seeing from a side on view
Thanks, thats a good idea re the mirror i will give that a try,Merf is fine with people she knows going over her but its strangers she isnt sure of but at her second ringcraft last week she let the female judge go over her including teeth with only a slight leaning on me - male judge she let him go over her front half but wasn't keen on having her bum touched and moved away from him, im hopeful that a few more classes and she will improve even more.
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I'd agree about the mirror - it helped us no end. It also helped to get someone to film it - from the stack to moving too a free stand.

She looks very good to me.
Thanks i will definately be trying the mirror and its a good idea re the filming will give that a go too.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-03-2012, 08:53 AM
First one is spot on, lovely girl.

Only one slight point (well not really) is that you can see your fingers holding her head, it just breaks the line up of her jaw..try hiding your fingers.... take a look a the pic to see what I mean, other than that stunning.,
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Well done - not a bad effort at all the first one is really good and she looks lovely - you should have some fun with her

Are you baiting her - try to get her used to not actually chewing on the food (is that what is happening on the second one?) - if you can build up to having it held out in front - just a second then 2 then so on.

And a silly thing but not sure if in your breed the lead is dropped - I seem to recall that you need to have control at all times of your dog in the ring? So worth practising holding the lead in your baiting hand.

Mirror is a great - or patio doors that's what Jess uses.

Oh and I'm told freestanding breeds aren't a doddle

The bum thing is quite common not wanting touching - so try naming it for her when its happening so she gets used to knowing whats coming - sometimes its like a surprise that someone is going there ha ha!

Good luck she really is lovely and you are doing fantastic! Much better than I did - even with my 3rd show dog - he was terrible for leaning back!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 10:33 AM
I have no advice, but just wanted to say that she is gorgeous!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by madisondobie View Post
Thanks, thats a good idea re the mirror i will give that a try,Merf is fine with people she knows going over her but its strangers she isnt sure of but at her second ringcraft last week she let the female judge go over her including teeth with only a slight leaning on me - male judge she let him go over her front half but wasn't keen on having her bum touched and moved away from him, im hopeful that a few more classes and she will improve even more.
Try getting people you know to go over her, looking in her mouth, touching her bum and so on,

The more strangers that go over her, the more relaxed she will be.
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
First one is spot on, lovely girl.

Only one slight point (well not really) is that you can see your fingers holding her head, it just breaks the line up of her jaw..try hiding your fingers.... take a look a the pic to see what I mean, other than that stunning.,
I know exactly what you mean its something im going to have to work on as she will stay stand in position without the baiting but she then pulls her head back - bit hard to explain but on that picture her neck is extended but without the baiting she pulls it back level with her shoulders - im learning though as its all self taught and just practice at home, ringcraft is good but nobody really wants to talk and help except the female judge and nobody else has a dobe.
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Well done - not a bad effort at all the first one is really good and she looks lovely - you should have some fun with her

Are you baiting her - try to get her used to not actually chewing on the food (is that what is happening on the second one?) - if you can build up to having it held out in front - just a second then 2 then so on.

And a silly thing but not sure if in your breed the lead is dropped - I seem to recall that you need to have control at all times of your dog in the ring? So worth practising holding the lead in your baiting hand.

Mirror is a great - or patio doors that's what Jess uses.

Oh and I'm told freestanding breeds aren't a doddle

The bum thing is quite common not wanting touching - so try naming it for her when its happening so she gets used to knowing whats coming - sometimes its like a surprise that someone is going there ha ha!

Good luck she really is lovely and you are doing fantastic! Much better than I did - even with my 3rd show dog - he was terrible for leaning back!
Haha yes well spotted i did get in trouble for dropping the lead in ringcraft once - must work on my co-ordination.

Yes baiting her in the picture i will definitely work on it, although the problem is she moves her head back instead of her neck being extended when i dont bait - im learning as i go along though so all this help is great.

Oh and good idea re bum i say teeth when they look at her teeth so will definitely choose a word for bum
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Try getting people you know to go over her, looking in her mouth, touching her bum and so on,

The more strangers that go over her, the more relaxed she will be.
Thanks i will get more people to touch her, now that she likes people instead of barking at them it should be easier
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >