View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 10:11 AM
thats where my hubbys auntie live - nice area and seems quite quiet etc, i think it sounds lovely xxx
good luck
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Hahahaha brilliant! Love the photo!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
thats where my hubbys auntie live - nice area and seems quite quiet etc, i think it sounds lovely xxx
good luck
thank you xxx fingers crossed! xxx
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Where did you find out about it?? With rising petrol prices i think we are going to have to look at moving soon closer to Dave's work but we cant afford to buy a new place. So i was thinking of letting ours and renting somewhere in chesire type way. The problem is finding somewhere with 3 dogs . .
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
It may have escaped your notice, but muck spreading occurs on arable farms, this can be via various means using pig or cow slurry or, my absolute favourite, poultry excrement.

Therefore if you are concerned about aromas, you will not necessarily be any better off next to an arable farm than you would be re cows......................
I can very much attest to this!!!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
Where did you find out about it?? With rising petrol prices i think we are going to have to look at moving soon closer to Dave's work but we cant afford to buy a new place. So i was thinking of letting ours and renting somewhere in chesire type way. The problem is finding somewhere with 3 dogs . .
Just a property management company, it's on rightmove too..

Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
I can very much attest to this!!!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Please move there, I live in Masham, about 15/20 mins away from Bedale! Would be nice to have someone to meet up with for walks!

Since living with OH we've always lived in the middle of farming country, you get used to the smells and noises! I don't have children, but I've got younger sisters and friends with kids, and it's so nice to know they can go outside to play and not have to worry about lots of traffic, it's the same with letting the house dogs out, as we've never had an enclosed garden!

I don't have any downsides to rural living. It suits me down to the ground, but when I've had Mum up visiting, she has struggled with how dark it is, what with no street lights!
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
It may have escaped your notice, but muck spreading occurs on arable farms, this can be via various means using pig or cow slurry or, my absolute favourite, poultry excrement.

Therefore if you are concerned about aromas, you will not necessarily be any better off next to an arable farm than you would be re cows......................
I'll second that !, we live right next to arable fields and the smell could knock you out, but, it's just one of the things that go along with country living.
I'd also investigate the cow shed over the lane, cows reek when they are kept penned up, so bad you'd have to keep your windows closed.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Just a property management company, it's on rightmove too..

Don't let them go for a wander when the fields have just been plowed - you'll end up with this:

akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Don't let them go for a wander when the fields have just been plowed - you'll end up with this:

oh my goodness i can smell it!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >