Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 09:02 AM

Poorly dove, what on earth should I do?

Honestly....Paul's looking after a poorly bird in the back garden, Keisha alerted me to it yesterday morning, it's a ring neck dove, only young, and seems fit. But it won't fly very far though and it's just not 'all there', it's slow, and too tame i think it might have hit the window and be brain damaged or something..

It does seem to have perked up a bit this morning (after it's sleep in the Akita fur nest paul made it!) it was running along the wall quicker and is feeding a little and i've seen it drink.

It can jump/fly up to the birdbath and the bottom branch of the apple tree but that's about it.

My neighbour is into all shooting (he used to work spaniels he's not a murderer lol!) and stuff but he's away at the mo and me or Paul can't kill it is it likely to get better?! Cats and my dogs can't get to it at the mo, we don't get cats in the garden () and it can't make it out over or through the mesh fencing we have out the back so it's fairly safe for now? do we keep just looking after it

partypooch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2011, 11:42 AM
it doesn't sound like it's at deaths door, so i'd give it a bit more time.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Ring the RSPB for advice, they are very helpful