View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2010, 04:46 PM
hope he passes the vetting, how exciting, weve got ponies like that at our yard just sit in a field doing nothing dont see the point of not selling them on, told my daughter id have to sell ours if they ended up like that but she broke in our 4yr old by herself and still rides the old girl weve had for years to keep her fit its just not fair leaving them doing nothing unless there is a medical reason not to ride them
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-10-2010, 05:26 PM
thanks, im getting very nervous now!!! he does have quite a few issues tho, he is going to be hard work but soo soo worth it
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-10-2010, 07:33 PM
he failed, lamee

going to talk to vet tomorow as she thinks its because he has never had his back feet trimmed so more uneven than lame. maybe loan him for 6 months and then try again or buy him very cheap. ahhh horses lol havnt lost him yet, fingers crossed still
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 09:20 PM
I hope it works out for you even a none horse person like me thinks he looks a nice horse.
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-10-2010, 10:28 PM
thanks he is lovely and needs a new home and a new start! poor thing is never going to reach his full potential where he is now, being wasted!

well, just hoping plan B works out lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 12:49 PM
That's a good idea bout the loaning if they'll let you do that, but if you do, make sure you get a proper agreement from them, in that YOU have first option to buy in 6 month's time or whatever. I've seen the pitfalls of loaning without an agreement many a time, so get everything down in writing from them, I'd hate to see you bring him back into work, get him sound and then they say thanks very much and take him back!!! Good luck, I'm sure he's got your name on him!
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-10-2010, 01:13 PM
thnaks for the advice!! never really thought of that

so yes we will ensure there is a proper agreement in place, thanks again
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 03:30 PM
If they're not that way inclined (as in they can't be bothered to do an agreement for you lol!), then type one out yourself, ask them to read it and see if they agree, and most importantly of all, get them to sign it, date it and sign it yourself. If you don't do this, then they call the tune coz they own the pony, so good luck.
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-10-2010, 03:36 PM
my mum is going to talk to them about it and so will mention it to her definatly.

i would rather them sell him to me much cheaper as they know who he is going to and that he is going to an amazing home, but im not sure as they will probably be able to find an uneducted rich family to sell him to even with all the problems ect. just keeping ym fingers crossed now!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Well get in there quick, before they have a chance to sell him to somebody else! I'm sure your loan offer with the chance of you buying him in 6 months time (or less maybe!) will swing it!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >