View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-01-2008, 09:17 AM

What do you make of this. Interested in your thoughts.

Popped out to meet a Friend for a couple of hours yesterday ,when I got home opened back door to let Ollie out who usually leaps about with a toy in his mouth glad to see you.
Yesterday he came out very subdued and sat at my feet and I swear if that dog could of hugged me he would he was licking his lips and seemed so frightened. I made loads of fuss of him and thought what has he done wrong,not that he is chastised if he has done anything wrong, so was wondering why he was so subdued.
I thought maybe a loud bang had gone off near the house and frightened him.
This morning he was sleeping downstairs as normal and groaning in his sleep, then he did what he use to do when he was younger and we haven't had for a while, howling so I ran downstairs calling him he leapt out of his basket brought me a toy and was so happy I was there, he then went to his food bowl he has never done this before, nothing in it except a couple of crumbs of his mince from his tea last night which he had left, he then went and got a drink of water never done this before either after a howling episode.
He has been out and done his busisness this morning all normal. Yesterday he was very clingy for the rest of the day. He is affectionate and loves your company but never anything like this before.
I have read before from people here who's dogs have fits that they eat and drink before or after fitting, Ollie doesn't have any kind of spasms just this high pitched howling.
Interested to hear your thoughts.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Perhaps something happened during the day that frightened him, load bangs, etc., I had that kind thing once (not the howling) with Skye, she had been out with OH, he doesn;t recall anything happening but she seemed traumatised when she got back. I know my OH wouldn't do anything as he is soft with them anyway and even moans when I take them out on cold, wet days......'are you sure it's very cold and wet for them' ?
So God knows what was wrong with her, but she never left my side.........so who knows. But within 24 hrs she was fine. Just keep an eye on your little one, and if any signs get worse have a visit to the vet. But I'm sure he will be fine.....fingers xxxxx Hope he's good today
meg's_mummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Meg once did something simular once. I went out but OH was in the house. When i came back i expected her to be jumping up and what not but she satyed in her bed. OH just said that she had been asleep all day. Later that night she started yelping and twitching in her sleep, then she got up and launched herself on me shaking and crying. I think she had a bad dream. Do you think ollie had a bad dream just befor you came home and thats why he was a bit upset?
hope he is ok today xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by meg's_mummy View Post
Meg once did something simular once. I went out but OH was in the house. When i came back i expected her to be jumping up and what not but she satyed in her bed. OH just said that she had been asleep all day. Later that night she started yelping and twitching in her sleep, then she got up and launched herself on me shaking and crying. I think she had a bad dream. Do you think ollie had a bad dream just befor you came home and thats why he was a bit upset?
hope he is ok today xxxx
Think he must of done we haven't had any howling for months now till this morning and possibly yesterday when I was out.
He has been quiet all day he is just livening up now.
He is such a big baby.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Sounds like Ollie has been spooked by something Lynn, I hope it's nothing serious
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Might be worth giving him a good feel all over in case he's sore ?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Sounds like Ollie has been spooked by something Lynn, I hope it's nothing serious
He gets spooked very easily quite a nervous dog is our Ollie

Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Might be worth giving him a good feel all over in case he's sore ?
He had a thorough groom the day before and no sore bits or lumps. He seems to of perked up now and has been playing this evening.
meg's_mummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2008, 06:46 PM
YEa thats a good idea Phil!! Check his legs and back especially as if he got spooked he mite of jumped or fell and hurt himself! xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Something happened didn't it? Very strange Lynn. I really can't think what it could be???!! I wonder if somebody tried to get into your house - have you got french doors that he could have seen through??? Maybe he did his guard dog bit, and launched himself at them or something? My first thought would have been what you are thinking though, i.e. something happened to him and you weren't there, especially with the drinking etc. If it happens again, I'd be inclined to rig up a webcam somewhere and see what's going on, but let's hope it doesn't. Glad to hear he's perked up now though, bless, something happened to him I'm sure of it.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Keep an eye on him and see how he goes. If it carries on and you are concerned health wise for any reason, get him checked over.
Could just be he's in a funny mood...perhaps vivid dreams? Maybe he knocked something over when you were out?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >