Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2012, 05:05 AM

I will KILL that cat! ( not!)

My boy cat is huge; a rescue who almost died from the enteritis he came with from a bad cat rescue I took the cats from. Long haired too..

Utterly devoted and an omnivore.. Of course they can get on to counters so I tend to be careful.. But he finds a way to take advantage of the least lapse..

Last weekend I was given cakes at the end of a market,, love cake! Carelessly left them on the counter top and the next morning the icing etc had been eaten..he loves cake too..

Yesterday as I have a bad chill and cold, I made a huge pan of delicious and soothing chicken and ham stew..so as to have food ready... Left the pan to cool, lid on.. and yes, he has pushed the lid off and made inroads into my provision for a day in bed. Ah well, I will boil it up later..

And he is a joy and a delight and helps me to be tidy! Makes a grand hot water bottle under the bedclothes.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-12-2012, 11:47 AM
This made me laugh. Reminds me of the time I took a slice of chocolate cake up to bed for an early night. Realised I had forgotten my drink, so left the cake on my bedside table and went back down stairs. When I got back upstairs, Tyr (my late cat) was just finishing off my slice of cake!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by coventrycatfish View Post
This made me laugh. Reminds me of the time I took a slice of chocolate cake up to bed for an early night. Realised I had forgotten my drink, so left the cake on my bedside table and went back down stairs. When I got back upstairs, Tyr (my late cat) was just finishing off my slice of cake!
Been there done that too many times.. one day I was making egg mayonnaise in the kitchen, turned round to chat with someone and when I turned back, there he was in the window, licking away thoughtfully.. He eats anything, and everything. I now take lumps of cheese to bed with me so I can eat my supper in peace..
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Oh dear Girl no wonder your boy is huge
I bet he is a very happy cat
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Oh dear Girl no wonder your boy is huge
I bet he is a very happy cat
Indeed he is! These cats of my old age are very special to me.

When I got the kittens ( my 2 are litter mates) it was from a filthy rundown cat refuge, there were three but they came ready equipped with enteriits and that any survived was a sheer miracle. One died of a heart defect after that.

At one stage of the illness, this boy went missing. I found him hiding in a hole in the garden with that look of death in his eyes and I refused to allow that. Got some pink liquid from a vet nurse and they never looked back, and this one stuffed himself so much I had to give him a little oil to relieve him..

So now when he is purring, I thank him for not dying that day..

But bein leaped on by him in the night... And he only just fits through the cat flap I have just had put in. Must be like being born every time.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 01:15 AM
....... we need photos x
Azz
Administrator
Male 

05-12-2012, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
....... we need photos x
...Ditto
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 05:43 AM
I hear you and when I have my technical head ( as in Worxel Gummidge!) I will try. Read the instructions and will try later! I have some lovely ones of the cats. And collie who is extremely photogenic