Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KerryGreyhounds
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-01-2012, 11:26 AM

Snowbreeze – 2 year old male White Greyhound

SNOWBREEZE

Meet the beautiful Snowbreeze. He is a 2 year old greyhound boy who is a failed racer and was handed in to us with his brother Goldfish to find his forever family. Snowbreeze is in superb condition and has a very eye-catching white coat with fawn patches on his face. He is definitely an attention grabber and is sure to attract lots of admirers when out walking!

~ Personality ~
Snowbreeze is a fabulous, happy go lucky boy who takes things as they come. We are still getting to know him as he has not been with us long, but so far he is just a star of a dog. His fantastic, uplifting personality is quite infectious and it is very hard not to smile when he greets you with a big toothy grin and a wagging tail. Snowbreeze loves absolutely everyone, and wants you to know it. Given half the chance he will smother you in kisses. He adores interacting with people and is going to love the home life so much.

~ Other Animals ~
Snowbreeze is very good with other dogs of all shapes and sizes, and enjoys being around them. He has a lot of energy and really loves to play chase with his houndy friends in our secure paddock. This boy would be happiest in a home with another youngish dog so that they can play together and expel some of that excess energy. He has not been tested with cats yet, but this can be carried out prior to adoption if needed.

~ Out and About ~
Snowbreeze LOVES getting out of his kennel to explore the world. It is by far the highlight of his day. Because of this he tends to become overexcited when he initially starts out on his walk, and can be quite strong on the lead. With some work and, most importantly, decent amounts of regular exercise, this is something that can be completely rectified, and this over-exuberance is really his only flaw. He is very curious about his surroundings and is simply bursting to explore and learn about the world around him. Showing this eager to learn hound the big wide world will be such a retarding experience.

Recently Snowbreeze came along with his brother to Kerry Greyhounds UK’s annual Jamboree, and was a big hit with the crowds of people. He greeted everyone and everything with kisses and wagging tails for the entire day, and never stopped doling out his love. This super boy is going to be just a smashing pet and has so much potential and love to give his future owners.

~ In the Home ~
The lovely Snowbreeze has not yet been in a home environment, so new owners will need to be a bit understanding at the start and give him time to learn the house rules. It generally takes greyhounds 10-14 days to start to settle in a home, and really all they need is time and patience. Snowbreeze is a curious boy and is sure to be in to everything when he first moves into a home, just to work out what it is and what it does.

Snowbreeze would be best suited to an active home who like going out and doing things with their dogs in their free time. He would be a bit too rambunctious for an elderly owner as he has the potential to pull them right off their feet if excited enough. Likewise he would be better in a home with older kids or teenagers, simply because if he got over excited he could knock a young child flying and not even realise it. He is still a big puppy at heart and doesn’t seem to know just how big he is!

~ Greyhounds as Pets ~
In general greyhounds are calm, mannerly dogs that are well used to being handled. They can fit very well in to a wide range of different lifestyles and usually adjust to the home life very quickly. Their soft, easy going nature often makes them ideal to live in a family with children, while their love of lazing around and low exercise requirements can make them perfect for the elderly. Greyhounds also don’t shed as much as other more popular dog breeds and this can make them suitable to live with allergy sufferers.

~ Where Am I? ~
Snowbreeze is currently being kennelled in Ireland and will be transported via Kerry Greyhounds to the UK or Europe when a suitable permanent or foster home offer comes up. This will be organised and paid for by Kerry Greyhounds, and we ask only for a donation to help cover costs. Please note that adopters will need to travel to our nearest collection point to pick him up, and if you are in the UK and wish to meet before adopting him, he will be fostered in the Norfolk area.

~ Want To Adopt Me? ~
Snowbreeze is neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, de-flea'd and wormed and a homecheck will be required as part of the adoption procedure. This dear boy would benefit so very much from a chance to live in a foster home and Kerry Greyhounds UK is always eager for new foster volunteers. It is an extremely rewarding experience and costs are covered by us.

If you are interested in adopting or short-term fostering Snowbreeze, please email me (Tam) for our adoption application form and information pack. Emails are usually replied to within 24 hrs. Thanks!

~~ KERRY GREYHOUNDS UK ~~

Kerry Greyhounds UK is a small voluntary organisation that is based in Norfolk, England. It focuses on rehoming unwanted Irish greyhounds, as huge numbers are bred in Ireland each year and homes are few and far between. KGUK operates through a network of volunteers spaced over Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe. We can look after approximately 30 greyhounds at any one time in both kennels and foster homes.

Each dog is neutered, vaccinated, microchipped and given a full veterinary check before being adopted (unless stated otherwise).
We assess the suitability of all home offers, and we have homed greyhounds in Ireland, the UK, Central Europe and the USA.

If interested in one of our hounds, please EMAIL me for our adoption application form and information pack. Once you have filled in and returned the application form, we will then contact you via phone or email to discuss adopting one of our hounds in more detail.

If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. I can be contacted through the following email:

Emails are usually replied to within 24hrs.

Thank you.
Tam
KGUK Volunteer
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 12:17 PM
He is beautiful---I think you mean a rewarding experience to show him around, not a retarding one.

I did have to laugh at the changed letter---sorry.

Hope he and the others are lucky and find lovely homes.

rune
KerryGreyhounds
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
He is beautiful---I think you mean a rewarding experience to show him around, not a retarding one.

I did have to laugh at the changed letter---sorry.

Hope he and the others are lucky and find lovely homes.

rune

OMG hahahaha yes that is indeed a typo!! Thanks for pointing it out! The problem now is i dont think i can edit the original post haha.

Tam
KGUK Volunteer
Closed Thread