Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
xxflowerxx
New Member!
Female 

14-06-2017, 04:10 AM

Panicking

I've become a very panicky dog owner over the last week and any little thing that my dog does I look up and get scared when some horrible thing shows up. She's recently started sleeping in my parents closet. She's done this before since we've had her (had her almost since birth). My mom said she's done it often. but I feel like it's been a lot lately. Is this a sign of illness or depression? She's active (plays, goes for walks, greets when we get home, barks when she sees or hears someone at the door). idk what to do, i've taken her to the vet and all that seems to be wrong is a rash. I have really bad anxiety so idk if this is my anxiety causing me to overthink her behavior or if it should get a second opinion.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-06-2017, 06:28 AM
I wouldn't worry if I were you about her sleeping in the closet.

If my dogs are anything to go by they change where they like to sleep quite regularly. Until a couple of weeks ago my larger dog always slept on her mattress next to my bed, but for some unknown reason she's now decided she'd rather sleep on the sofa in the living room!
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2017, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by xxflowerxx View Post
I've become a very panicky dog owner over the last week and any little thing that my dog does I look up and get scared when some horrible thing shows up. She's recently started sleeping in my parents closet. She's done this before since we've had her (had her almost since birth). My mom said she's done it often. but I feel like it's been a lot lately. Is this a sign of illness or depression? She's active (plays, goes for walks, greets when we get home, barks when she sees or hears someone at the door). idk what to do, i've taken her to the vet and all that seems to be wrong is a rash. I have really bad anxiety so idk if this is my anxiety causing me to overthink her behavior or if it should get a second opinion.
I think it is. Chill!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-06-2017, 07:52 AM
Dogs like to sleep in confined spaces as it makes them feel safe.
So yes I think you're overthinking it.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2017, 08:15 AM
Where she sleeps at night or even for her naps is not really an indicator of her health. I hope her rash clears up soon xxx
xxflowerxx
New Member!
Female 

14-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Ok, thank you. I've just been worried that she might have a bad reaction to some flea medication she got a week ago