Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2006, 10:13 PM

Advice needed please!!!!

My cousin ( not true cousin as she is adopted) is a selfish *****. Please excuse the expression but she is.
She goes out alot,always shouting, drinks to much. Don't really have anything to do with her to be honest.
Anyway she now has a 9 month old springer spaniel. Apparently some lady didn't want it, so my cousin had it GOD FORBID!!!!!! I'm trying to get my hands on it. Apparently my aunty said shes always shouting at it. Its breaking my heart! I've told my aunty to tell her that if she doesn't want it then i will have him.
When she was married, she had a doberman with her husband. When they split up, none of them wanted it so they had it PTS. . She didn't even ask my aunty if she would have him. I was only 10 yrs old at the time, otherwise i would of had it.
Any of you have any suggestions on how i could convince her to give him to me.
Thanks Jules XXX
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2006, 10:20 PM
just point out she isn't enjoying the pup and offer her a way out..the more the pup miss behaves as it would being a pup the more she might realise she isn't cut out to be a dog owner.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2006, 10:26 PM
The problem is i don't really see her. I've had to send a message to my nan for my aunty saying that i am willing to take him on. I suppose i have to wait & hope she'll hand him over to me. Its really getting me down & i feel useless
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2006, 10:31 PM
but you have sent the message so she knows theres a way out.
if she does think about getting rid it is already in her head and alot easier for her to let you take him than to go through re homing etc.
theres nothing you can do other than try and advice her if she will accept it.
lets just hope she see's sence.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2006, 10:33 PM
aww poor dog thats no way to treat an animal even shouting at the pore thing is bad enougth i just dont know what you could do just wait and see what happens and just go by what leo said will keep me fingers crossed for you good luck and keep us up to date in what happens
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 12:15 AM
Sounds to me like she will tire of the dog before long and will most likely be glad of someone to take it off her hands. Hope you get the poor little thing - please keep us informed.... x
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 09:40 AM
I agree - if she has been told you will have the dog from her if she doesn't want it, my guess is that you will be getting a call soon saying she has had enough of it.

Poor thing, hope you get that call soon.
Tabatha
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-01-2006, 02:11 AM
Good luck, I do hope you end up with the dog and quite frankly from the sounds of things there is a very good chance that you will; I am shocked that she would opt to have her dobe pts rather than find a good home for it; speaks volumes about the sort of person that she is.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2006, 05:05 PM
I hope so to. My aunty is going to America on the 13th so i'm hoping that i would have him before she goes. But i'll just have to keep hoping
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Hi Jules,

Can't you bribe her ? Say you'll give her a few quid for him ?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >