16-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh heck, now Corrie has made me cry all over again
MOYRA,set me off again,bless her xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Curtains all finished, watching Corrie on a catchup cos I taped it, getting to the sad bit now, and if it made you cry Sally, then I'm sure it'll do the same for me.

Funny isn't it, how one minute all is well around us, everything's just like normal, and in an instant, that can all change drastically, when it's taken away, we're thrown into grief or turmoil, especially when it's someone close or something we love with all our hearts. There we are in our normal routine, the dog can sometimes do norty things which makes us mad, or demand our attention just when we don't want to give it, so remember to count those blessings every, single day is my motto, make the most of who and what you have around you every moment of the day, never take anything for granted, because life is so unfair at times, it has a habit of stripping us bare and just taking what it wants from us without a 2nd thought. I'm sure this is what dogs are supposed to teach us. You only have to see how happy your dog is every, single day, it never has a bad mood except when being ill, it greets everyone with great enthusiasm no matter what time of day or how tired, stressed or fed up it is, and surely this is the lesson we have to learn from our beloved dogs? Life is precious, we should take a leaf out of our dog's book when life gets to us methinks. Me also thinks the champaigne has gotten to me a bit tonight, and those prawns definitely have (Saturday's leftovers indeed ) pass me a sick bag somebody!

On that note, I'll say goodnight. Dear Bev, I'm sure you will cry many tears tonight, like most of us have over the years, but just remember how very lucky you were to have been given the chance of sharing in a beautiful friendship that was you and Lily, she was only on loan, and you made a promise to accept that, like we all have, and it was time to give her back . We can never know when that time might be, same with everything and everyone, perhaps that's the meaning of life in there somewhere, but I'm sure that beautiful girl brought you everything she was supposed to bring you in this life. One day, you will be able to look back and see that, and it will bring a smile to your face as you remember her with the love she deserves. Remember her always along with Kyiro.xxx

Night night all, time for bed I s'pose. I feel very lucky tonight, I still have my girl beside me.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Very beautifully and thoughtfully put H..........and you are so right that none of us know what may be around the next corner to rock our little worlds, so we should try to make the most of each and every moment with those that we love be they human or animal.

I do have to take issue though with dogs not having moods - Bitz had moods. Oh boy did she have moods

Sleep well, and give the lovely Zena a cuddle from me
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm feeling devastated for Bev and can't stop thinking about her sitting in her empty house by herself without her beloved Lily It seems no time at all ago that we commiserated and cried with her over Kyiro and now Lily.

Moyra - Your post made me cry all over again too.

I'll be back on tomorrow folks when I'll then raise a glass to Mabs to celebrate her good news.

*********** I've now just read Helena's post and that has made me cry even more *************
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Jenny, I know what you mean. I just hope that she has someone either with her, or on the end of the phone.

We are all going to be puffy eyed in the morning
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2013, 08:40 PM
I sat outside the vets and text everyone with a piccie of the scan, so everyone who is on the list knew straight away and they are all very happy.
Tried to get onto the vets wi-fi but it wasn't playing, my intention was to let you all know the minute I did, so you had to wait for me to drive home in what seemed monsoon conditions!!!!
Big hugs Bev, and I am so very very sorry about Lily
Helena's post was so very right in so many respects. You certainly never know when your life is going to change completely, so enjoy what you've got while you've got it.
Which is why I took a risk and kept Keshi in a way, not total sense really, let my heart rule my head, but that litter was always about me and I had waited 2 years to see it happen
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Astonished by HELENA's post there Wow,who knew she was so intelligent? Has me feeling loads better though My wee Hub has had a lovely bath( put the bubbles in myself ) and now he's snoozing Has to get up at 5
Been watching an episode of Downton that I missed....that Maggie Smith is a fab actress isn't she?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 09:10 PM
I actually read through and caught myself up tonight with all today's posts. Had lots to say in responses but it has all been overtaken by the terribly sad news about Lily. My heart goes out to Bev. Doesn't seem long ago we were all joining with her in her ecstacy at the new house. In a way the only thing I can think on the brighter side is I am glad she is not still in that old house that she hated so much when this happened. And not too many years' memories of Lily in the new one to further upset her.

I am SO sorry for you Bev if you do look in. But totally understand if you just cannot face talking to anyone right now. RIP Lovely Lily.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Ok, I'm in tears again, after reading Helena's post. My boss thinks I'm a nutcase. I am so sad for Bev tonight.
Page 15 of 18 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >