Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zeus
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-12-2005, 06:10 PM

Dumped pets "don't match new sofa" - trivial reasons for abandoning pets

Not sure whether this is the appropriate forum but i came across this whilst searching online a few minutes ago and i think it's awaful , to actually think that people give up and abanden their pets because of such petty little things and it winds me up so much .

"Three Yorkshire Terriers wearing designer outfits sit on a couch in Moscow, February 12, 2005. Britons have abandoned their pets because they didn't match new sofas or carpets, the RSPCA said on Tuesday as it issued its annual warning that animals should not be given as Christmas presents."
REUTERS/Viktor Korotayev

Full article can be found here: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/20122005/325/dumped-pets-don-t-match-new-sofa.html
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2005, 07:48 PM
speechless..................
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Sadly because this report was put out by the RSPCA I am not sure if it is true or not, if it is true has it been enlarged upon. Unfortunately this 'charity' has been known to go for unsubstantiated stories to make a point particularly if they are trying to lobby to get a law changed. Have not forgot the pile of dead dogs poster and I have never really trusted the organization since and doubt I ever will. However if it is true it is sad but not surprising people make all sorts of excuses for the way they treat their animals, most are supposed to be for the animals’ wellbeing.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2005, 08:17 PM
A great dane was put into rescue...Why?? because he was too big to get under the coffee table!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-12-2005, 10:39 PM
I would guess the first post if sanctioned by the RSPCA could be part of a publicity campaign to make people think ...

If people including those in Molie's post put their dogs in rescue for such trivial reasons I would say that is very good news for the dogs. It will give them the chance to find proper homes with people who appreciates them rather than them having to spend a lifetime with those who by their actions demonstrate they are incapable of giving the dogs the care and attention they deserve. .
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Some people
Yorkie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-12-2005, 02:48 PM
I recently got a new sofa and although my boys aren't allowed on it I'd never get rid of them!! I hope that this is just a scaremongering story!! I can't believe people would be that shallow!!
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Well that takes the biscuit what excuse will they think of next im lost for words
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 04:13 PM
what is wrong with poeple these days god my boys dont match my new sofa but id never dream of getting rid of them id get rid of the sofa first