Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2018, 08:51 PM

Possible cruciate ligament injury

Hi Guys,

I haven’t been on here for a long time but I need some opinions/advice and I thought where better to ask than here 😊

My 5 year old French Bulldog has been lame on her right rear leg for about 10 days. We took her to the vet last Monday who said she thinks it’s a soft tissue injury and gave her Rimadyl and booked her back in for tomorrow.

As far as I’m aware the next step is an x ray to see if it is a cruciate ligament injury. Now if it is, I’m really worried about putting her through surgery.
My brother has an Olde Tyme Bulldog who had a cruciate ligament injury and he had the operation done and within 6 months her other rear leg had gone too so she had to have the cruciate ligament op done on both legs but recovery on the second leg was really long.

My question is, if she has an x ray and it does turn out to be a cruciate ligament injury, is there any other way to repair it without surgery? Could regular hydrotherapy etc help or would it just prolong the op happening anyway?